Saturday, January 31, 2009

Long Lost Friend

Wow. I just read something that really got to me. Okay so when we lived in Draper, we had some friends, Evan and Kari Mason. They were in our ward, and we all lived in a condo complex (or two or three), so not too big, and we all pretty much knew each other. This ward, we jokingly called it the "Newlyweds or the Nearly Deads" cause it was mostly made up of retired people and young couples, with few children (there was like one Young Man, a handful of Young Women). There was always a baby shower to go to, and eventually mine, for Ethan, although we had just moved. Kari was such a fun person, she had a great personality and I really think everyone liked her. I know that I really liked her and Evan, and his two kids from a previous marriage. They did not have any kids together, she could not get pregnant. While we lived there, Kari was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I remember this. I remember certain things very clearly (haha like the baby shower we were at and Kari enlightened me on what a chest with no boob looked like. She was hilarious. That was just her personality.)-- I remember her being sick from it, how it affected her and their family life, etc. Anyway, life was crazy, we moved from there to somewhere while we built our house and that did not work out, so we moved again, I was working, we were planning for our house, I was totally pregnant, and I just lost track of most the people we knew over there. Well, I saw someone at Target and she told me some things that had happened, and I always wondered. Then, I was invited to be a friend of Evan's on Facebook, and noticed he had pics of him and someone else. I don't go on there very often so I forgot about it, but I was reminded and decided to find out what happened, after all, I knew she had cancer and had a miracle baby. I did a search and came across this story. If you want to hear a inspirational, yet sad cause I will tell you that when it was written, she was alive still, but she has since passed on. She was only like 35 when she got cancer, by the way. Anyway I was so sad when I finally brought myself to face the truth and read about it (even though I have not seen her in over 4 years. But I was in their lives when a bunch of this was happening and I remember it, talking about it, etc). I could not help but bawl my eyes out! But, in the midst of all the sadness, there is a message that screams miracle and that Heavenly Father is very much real, and He cares and watches over us all. And who knows why things happen the way that they do? I hope someday to know (I am a want to know, understand kind of person), I am sure after I have left this life, but until then I will have faith in His plan and that it is all for a purpose. Here is the link to her story, and to the miracle they were given.
http://karimasonfund.org/pdf/wasatch_woman.pdf
I pray that all these trials that the people I am surrounded by strengthen me, my testimony, enough that when I go through my traumas that are, at least some, inevitable in my future, I will be able to have the faith I need to get through it/them. I don't ever bear my testimony, but I have a strong one and I know that Heavenly Father loves me, and not only me, but every single person out there. I am truly grateful for a prophet and all his counsellors. I am grateful for my Bishop, and Bishopric. I know it must be really taxing to be in charge of so many people and I know that there is no way he or his family could do it without the help of God.
Anyway, if you are reading this, then you more than likely know me, and I am guessing are a friend or family member, and I just want to tell you how much I love and appreciate you. Even if I don't see or talk to people much, I hold my relationships in the same place as the last time we did (spend more together); I consider the people in my life very important details in the intricately woven web of (my) life. Thank you so much for all you do, have done, and quite possibly will do for me. I could not do it without you. And, PS, I love you*.

*That is serious, but for those couple people who know that I just added a little humor to such a serious post, lol!

0 comments: