This is a pic of our family, sans Brooke, in August. One member of the family is no longer with us. To some, this may seem like a silly post, but I consider my pets to truly be a part of the family. A pet provides something that no person can. Chico and I were pretty close at one time. He was mad at me when I got Jake, but he got over it a bit. Mostly he was annoyed at Jake, since he was a hyper pug puppy. Then came Ethan, and Chico was officially low dog on the totem pole. He was staying at my house once, looked up at me, and pooped right there. Little stinker. That is how he told you he was mad at you. Poor Chico has been through a lot-- when he was a lot younger, my mom (or someone) accidentally dropped some scraps hey were taking out to the big dog, and he snatched it right up and ran out of the room. He swallowed it without even chewing, just so no one would take it from him. I think it was chicken bones or something. He ended up having surgery and my mom would not tell anyone how much $ it cost. I think that incident just made him have a rough time when he got older. Other problems with his back and hips, for a couple years. This last year, he has had a hard time with stairs and relieving himself and other things. In the past couple months, he has been confined to the kitchen, on a leash. My parents just decided that it was time, and put him to sleep this morning. My mom said she rubbed his head the whole time and cried all the way home. We love our Chico and will miss him so much!
Labor Day weekend campout. NOT a good experience for poor Chico.





1 comments:
That is seriously the worst part of having pets! Growing up we had a toy poodle named Mitzi and she was like 15 when we had to finally put her down and it was soo hard for the entire family!! I am sure you are having a hard time. I am sorry for your loss, but I am sure Chico is having a great time in the great dog heaven in the sky..
Post a Comment