Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Babies Babies Babies

Just when I thought my kids would be the only kids their ages in my family (or Jody's), crazy things have happened! I have lots of aunts and uncles, but by the time I started having kids, they seemed to be done (or, never having any// except Harley, my cousin, who is 6 mos younger than E). I am the oldest child in my family, and none of my siblings are anywhere near having children. My poor kids, all alone at family parties- haha. They really aren't, there are LOTS of benefits to being the only grand kids in the family, all of which I absolutely cherish. My sisters are so willing to let my kids come stay the weekend or spend the night. Would they want to do that if they had kids too? Not sure, but I will guess not as often, anyway. Jody's family all seemed done (except Natalie, who has not begun yet). Then a rash of pregnancies last year changed all of that! I have a new cousin on the Harrison side (Rachel's little Porter), and another on the way (Sarah is about 6 months along?). My sister in law, Ane, had a surprise pregnancy, after years of trying (and giving up)-- there are 7 years (I think) between her two youngest boys-- she had Remy in June. On my dad's side of the family, my cousin Shane and his wife Morgan just had a beautiful baby girl (Lexie) in October. My uncle Ryan, who I was not sure if he was ever going to have kids (until he divorced and remarried), had a baby boy (Magnus- Gus for short). I posted their pics a few months ago. Well, the last one this year was just born yesterday! My uncle Alan and his wife Calleen just had their third child, Kyra. So cute! And, of course, Aider tater was born in March. I love all these babies in our family!

0 comments: