This weekend I found myself wishing I was a vampire-- the ones that don't need sleep, can run super fast, and are very strong. That would be nice, eh? Oh yeah, I guess the Twilight ones have endless funding- that would be nice (I could use a shopping trip)! I worked hard all week, then stayed up past 3 am on Thursday night (had to be in Lehi at 9), then on Friday night, I went to bed around 4 am (had to be in Ogden at 9). Saturday, I spent the day in Ogden at a fun boutique called Scraps of Simplicity. I met a new friend, Dani Hoagland. She does the CUTEST magnet boards, etc. Her company is Scraps Decor. We hung out the whole time and had lunch at Cafe Rio. Side Note about Cafe Rio-- When Jody and I first met, we went Cafe Rio often. I always get the burrito-- fire grilled steak (YUM)-- and then, I could only eat half of it, and then I would take the other half home and eat it later (straight from the fridge!). Well, then I started to be able to eat the whole thing, easy. Ever since I had Sydney, I have been weight conscious, and I ate at Cafe Rio once and decided that I could tell how my hunger was doing by how much of the burrito I could eat. Well, at this visit, I was stuffed at the half. VICTORY!!! They had these yummy looking sugar cookies at the boutique and I waited too long to buy them and they were gone, so that was good too. Okay, side note over!
Our booth in Ogden, though this is not a great shot (there were people everywhere and had to do it fast).I made these frames between the hours of 11 pm and 4 am before the boutique... its a good thing, you know, since I still have them! But I had to show them because I reallllly like them and if no one buys, I am putting in Ethan's room. They are 8x8. And all our picture frames include glass.
So after the boutique, I drove down to Lehi to clean up the Blue Goose, and I have to stop at the gas station and get me some Diet Dew. Those of you who know me well, know I really do not drink soda. This is such a wonderful thing when you need caffeine to actually have an effect on you. Now, if I drink a Diet Coke, it does not work the same. But, if I drink Mountain Dew, I get results. I was kind of struggling-- you know, 7 hours of sleep split between 2 nights is not so great... so Diet Dew to the rescue! I think it actually helps me to get out of the car, walk inside, and actually getting the drink, too. So I arrived to the BGB, as we call it (Jenni and I), and I clean up, yada yada yada, I start to leave and realize I am starving. I am not going to stop anywhere with this trailer attached- I do not want to get into a "situation" (I DO NOT back this thing up!) and I realize I still have my Cafe Rio burrito. I know, I was thinking how gross that was-- I ate it at like 1 pm and it was 8:30... but I was hungry so I ate it, and I was actually thinking that if it made me sick, it would suck, but maybe I'd lose the 2 lbs gained over the last week... and it was delish and I did not get sick (yay for me). I had to share that little sketchy fact, cause normally I would have thrown the food out (after I carried around with me all day? weird?). What a crazy weekend! I came home and put Ethan to bed, took some Benadryl (I was having allergies all day-- itchy eyes and my left eye makeup was pretty much gone, pretty, huh?) and tried to watch Moonlight (I was so excited to see it) and I got through about 10 minutes and I remember nothing until 7:30 the next morning (thanks to my kids for sleeping a little longer than normal), I was still dog tired, so I grabbed both kids and sippy cups full of milk and made them play in Ethan's room while I slept by the door. It was just long enough to help, and they were getting annoying with all their fighting, so I finally went out and made breakfast.
Thanks to everyone who came and supported us! And thanks Dakota and Natalie for helping us out and babysitting!
A few weeks ago, a random comment was left on Tres Chic's blog from a lady in New Zealand saying she was having a drawing and to go leave a comment. I went to her blog, laughed my guts out cause she is hilarious, saw the loot that included Cadbury chocolate (YUMMMY) and I entered. Low and behold, we won! So this came in the mail a couple days ago. If you look close, you will notice I have eaten a bunch of it (hence the gaining of 2 lbs....). So thank you Scrappy Sue, for the fun and tasty loot! It is fun to have a friend on the other side of the world! I think I forgot to put in the little booklet she sent that had pics of New Zealand. I soooo want to go and visit. My aunt, Sandie, is from there and one of these days, she might take me with her (I would LOVE that).
Monday, April 28, 2008
Sleep, Who Needs Sleep? And The Loot!
Posted by Heather at 7:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
WOW! Girl, way to have the craziest weekend ever! Great job! I bet you are happy its all over with! By the way I think its that pinky candy from NZ I had the other night, and its so good! We were at some friends house and the guy is from New Zealand so they shared the candy and its good, you will like it! oh yeah, I made it this weekend to the Lehi boutique and such way cute stuff Heather!
Oooh I love your stuff!! I am sooo happy you are going to do the Relay. Let me know if you know any other crafters or artists that want to as well. Also send me your email so I can email you details... I want to start the babysitting co-op too. I think we might have enough people to do 5 weeks. Having it at your own home once every five. We just need to decide details. Anyways I am totally rambling. Email me k : ) rileyandnorah@gmail.com
P.S you should post a link to the cute site you won stuff from.
you have such cool curtains and carpet! that looks like a studio shot!!! lol.
glad the w/e went well for you and that sure was a cute burrito story - waste not, want not! now get some sleep!!!
Post a Comment