Hmm. We had another T-ball practice tonight and it SUCKED. Picture all the other kids, with their dads standing next to them, in the spots they were assigned on the field. Then picture Ethan running all around the field/"diamond," and then running to the nearby hills surrounding our little practice and doing somersaults down them. Is this really worth my time and effort? Jody had to go to work, so he was not there and these cute moms that I am becoming friends with kept an eye on Sydney while I was about to uh.... kiss.... my child as I chased him everywhere. He said he wanted to play, he likes sports, loves baseball. Why will he not focus? I mean for even 5 minutes? I know he is three, but he can focus on a movie, why not his coach? I don't care if he can catch the ball or hit very far (he is pretty good at throwing, something he tried out in Nursery last year...), I just want him to have a good time, and he will never have a good time (and neither will I...) if I am chasing him around and trying to get him to listen. GRRR. I am not sure why I torture myself, but I will probably continue, since I just can't let anything go (especially not the $55 that they charged for this!) so prepare for more griping about this!
On a more positive note, Sydney was really good and played with the other kids. At least only one was acting up at a time.
Oh yeah and I had to throw out some likes and dislikes.
I HATE Children's Book of the Month Club. The people who work there (well, at least all that I have talked to-- which is quite a few at this point) need to invest in BRAINS.
I am tired of cold and snow, but I am SOOOOO dreading summer. To me, summer is dry, dead, hot. It is a time where I feel like I am trying with all my might (which is not much these days, and if you saw how big my yard is, you'd understand. WHAT WERE WE THINKING???) to just keep my plants and grass from dying. I feel like I am going to get heatstroke when I am outside for 10 minutes (haha). I do not lay out. If you saw me with my exercise shorts on, you would go blind.
I dislike the city neighboring us to the East. They make the stupid decisions with regards to the road construction, and I am very serious when I say that I think they plan things specifically to be inconvenient for us and make the people in our city mad. I am also very confident that MANY of my fellow residents feel that same way.
Okay so I guess I can look to the bright now.
I love 70 degree weather. It is my favorite. I enjoy being able to be outside and chill without breaking a sweat or being hot (or cold, for that matter!). We have a great deck and I really enjoy eating on it, though sometimes it is too windy and we have been known to lose food this way, so if you see lettuce flying through the air, it may have come from our house!
I love the spring and all the new growth (I am still waiting for anything in our yard to look alive) and the flowers. I love flowers. I neeeeed a flower garden, I really think they lift spirits.
I will say that I enjoy that road the dumb city widened, they did a crappy job and it is weird, but it really is quite nice to drive down (just don't do it at the wrong times, then you will understand what I am saying up there), so thanks for that. I am not completely ungrateful.
I really like Whisperwood Decor, a store my business sells stuff in. They are all great to work with and it is such a cute store. I wish it were closer to me!
I really like our metal guy. He is such a hard worker and he really goes the extra mile for us. I really appreciate him.
I appreciate my courier service, that gets stuff to me me from down south, and back. This would be my dad (he works up here)! Poor guy, always has boxes of unfinished wood and metal stuff in the back seat of his (nice, new) truck. Its a good thing he is so nice and helpful.
The whole point of this I like/dislike stuff was to say just how much I love My Mind's Eye. Our store does not have a store front, so we can not be a wholesaler of their products, but they have been really good to us and I am so happy with them. AND they are the freaking cutest stuff ever. Most of my frames are made using their products. I looked through my stuff, and really, about 85% of it is MME. I don't even need to use their stuff, I could just look through it or hang it in my room, and that would be fine with me. They just really fit my style. Better than anything else, I think. Okay so I know I am weird, I am SO into paper.
Whatever.
Oh yeah, and I really, really, really appreciate my sister in law, Tami, and her kids Dakota and Chase. They babysit for us all the time-- I am not sure if they have ever said no. I feel like I am using and abusing them, because they are always so good to us. They have really helped us go out more, helped me with my boutiqueing (?), funerals, etc. And some day I may actually have them watch the kids so we can make our pathetic once-a-year-trip to the temple (OH yeah, no worries, from my house you can see three. Four if you get out the binocs and can see through the buildings downtown. Yes, I know, I am pathetic.)THANKS GUYS!!!





4 comments:
Um...We signed our oldest up for basketball and he seriously did twirls down the center of the court. I guess we should have signed him up for dance!! Honestly though he is really good at the sports thing now (3 years later) and we actually laugh at the memories now. IT GETS BETTER!
sometimes ya just need to share! i hope u feel better, and it's always good to end with the GOOD lol. sports or any other activity is tough if they don't take to it straight away. you ask yourself, should i persevere, are they too young? and of course you don't wanna quit straight away coz u want to give it a decent shot. it's a tough one, but 3 IS young for sport. good luck! and i love MME too!
ha ha ha that is SO funny! You kill me.. I can totally picture all of that! Ya do wonder if it's worth it huh? My Mom used to put me in a jean skirt while playing t-ball, she was more concerned about "the looks"
i'm hosting another giveaway - come try your luck!
Post a Comment