Syd getting ready for the parade a few days before.
Our Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast. The eggs had spinach in them, and were very tasty. I don't like ham, and it looks nasty!
She only wore that crown for maybe 5 minutes... or less...
The Crew-- we have a pretty good crowd who comes every year. Probably the most sober out of all the parade goers...
Ethan trying to get some candy!

The mastermind of the day's events (for our family, at least)-- my grandma.

She only wore that crown for maybe 5 minutes... or less...
My Uncle Tracy with my family.It was cold, but fun. When I said it sucks for adults, I just meant that it is a parade full of families, crazy drunks with political agendas, radio stations, advertisers, Irish dancers, etc. So if you are looking for excitement (are parades exciting?), you may be able to make fun of some drunk person doing a jig... But it is a lighthearted and fun parade. Everyone throws candy, beads and other things. It is easy to find a spot, and it is low-key, that, along with all the candy, makes it a great parade to take your kids to.
After this, the family gets together at someone's house for a green/corned beef and cabbage lunch. Fun times!





1 comments:
WOW! For how much I LOVE St. Patricks day, I was way not festive this year! We had a Mexican Fiesta at my house, what?! Next year maybe we will join you guys for St. Patricks day stuff! Cant wait to get together soon!
Post a Comment