Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Opinion

I am die hard, and if you read my post a few days ago, you know who I choose. I have several reasons why I would choose Edward. For one, he is who she really loves. Isn't that why people read the books? Once you read the first one, isn't it all about them? I will say no more about that. I just decided that, since I could not stop thinking about these characters, that I would read book 3, Eclipse, again. I would have re-read Twilight, but I gave it back to my sister. So I know, twice in a week and a half is a little much, but since I had already read it, I took much longer to read it, savored it, if you will.

Anyway, I will have to read the other two again to remember if I have favorite lines from either of them, but I just have to post my favorite line-- Keep in mind that I am trying also to not give any important information away- I have more favorites than this. However, this one is hilarious and I love it. I guess not if you are a Jacob fan, but oh well.

Just a little setup. Bella and Edward are sleeping in a tent, Jacob is outside keeping watch. It is snowing and Bella is freezing. Edward can not help her, he is icy cold himself (does not affect him). Something has to happen, so Jacob comes into the tent (he is very warm) and zips himself in the sleeping bag with her. Edward can read thoughts (and does not sleep, so he listens to her sleep-talking and him dreaming all night) and, since they both are after Bella, is a bit jealous. Jacob knows this, he is very satisfied with the situation (being able to help Bella where Edward can not, being so close to her like that, and I am sure he enjoys Edward's jealousy). In the morning, Jacob asks if Edward had a nice night (such a brat!) and it comes out that it is possibly among the top ten worst nights of his life. Of course, Jacob is satisfied. But then Edward says this and I just love it. Keep in mind, there is nothing dirty about it.


"But," Edward went on, "if I had been able to take your place last night,
it would not have made the top ten of the best nights of my
life. Dream about that."

Such a trump. I love it, you know, since he was so happy about the fact that he slept all night with Bella in his arms (something he never has done, the closest they have ever been, and was thinking things that bothered Edward). Then Jacob leaves the tent and I quite enjoy the conversation that follows between Bella and Edward, about their ten best nights. I just like them as a couple. :)

Just to balance out all the vampire love talk: This is almost two years old, but I liked it. We are in San Diego. It is my birthday and we are at dinner before going to see Martina McBride. It was a GREAT day! It is crazy to see changes, when I really feel like this was just yesterday (except the fact that I was pregnant with Sydney at the time, and she is 16 months...)

3 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

wow! You really make me want to read these books, I havent given in yet!

Tres Chic Boutique said...

They are great. I really have not had a series of books consume me the way these have! I get into Harry Potter, but not like this. That said, you can't go in thinking they are the best ever, I would not want you to have too high expectations. That always sucks. Just know, the series is a great love story.

r.l.secor said...

How many books leave you thinking about the charachters when you aren't even reading? I'd find myself wondering what Bella was doing or what Edward was thinking, as if they went on living even when the pages of my book were closed. I have had a hard time deciding who Bella should choose. I have felt a strong pull in both ways. But thinking about it just now, I realize that when I describe the book to other people I always say - It will make you want to leave your human and find a Vampire of your own! So, I guess that ultimately it is an Edward that I am looking for... So maybe she should just choose Jacob so I can have Edward?