Okay, you say you already knew that. Well, this new love is not a real person (and yes, I am still in love with my husband). I hate admitting this. But I just joined millions of girls in love with a vampire. Yup, Edward. I just read the whole Twilight series. Well, I guess not book 4. I am not sure I will sleep until August... Jody and I went to Twin Falls, ID for the weekend (hahah exciting, I know!) and I took Twilight with me. I have had it in my possession (ha ha I am listening to that song right now) for MONTHS now, so I decided that while I was kid-free, I would read it. Jody was at a basketball tournament, so I started Twilight on Saturday night. 7 pm. I read at Applebees, with Jody (he eventually ditched me to go hang out with the SLCC team). I read until I fell asleep. I read in the morning. We checked out, visited Jody's aunt whose husband died while we were there. Then I finished the last little bit in the car on the way home. Less than 24 hours. Then I came home and could not put off New Moon. So I read it while we were driving to pick up the kids. I did nothing Monday but read (I did not change my clothes! Though I did not neglect my kids as much as myself). I finished that evening and, like a complete idiot (This is such a busy week!), I started reading Eclipse, thinking I would have some self control. I guess "some" was the key word. I started as I was laying down for bed Monday. I read a little Tuesday, I had a Relief Society dinner that I volunteered to make a cake for {another post, another day, with pictures :)} so I really had to be disciplined- and I did have to take a shower and get ready too. But today, it got the best of me and I tried really hard to paint (more plaques to be posted soon on Tres Chic's blog; we have a boutique this weekend), and I read most of the day. It was worth it!
I have a habit of doing this. I read all 8 or 9 (?) books of The Work and the Glory in months-- I can not remember how many, but I KNOW it was less than a year. I read MUCH faster than that, and I did not have kids then! I did not have a desire until the day I started reading (I was going to New York and thought it a good idea to read the 1st book while driving through that very area-- was a great idea).
I read the first four Harry Potter books within a few months as well. Funny enough, we went to Yuba Lake and I could not put #4 down. I am so much fun to be with while reading...
So back to the whole reason I had to write. It is really funny what this series has done to me! I get so involved in the characters, sometimes I wonder if it is normal. The only way I can even describe Twilight is intoxicating. I could not put it down, had a stupid smile on my face the whole time I was reading it (except for sad parts, of course-- I can not remember what happens in each book, sorry). I even liked my husband more! Funny. Anyway, it is a good thing, cause I did not like the 2nd book, New Moon, as well. I did like it, but it was not intoxicating, like the first. I really just kept reading because I was waiting for something I wanted to happen. I really liked Eclipse though there are a few things I did not like. AT ALL. So if you have not read the book, please do not read the next few lines! Besides, some of what I have to say may be a tad embarrassing...
I do not like the relationship that evolves between certain characters. I like the friendship, but I was DYING when bad kissing was going on. I am an intensely loyal person, I guess. I could relate to Bella on many levels, but definitely not that one. I would not have let that happen! Anyway, I did not like the ending either. I want to see things happen the way I want, not just imagine but not know for sure. That said, I am glad she is writing a fourth book. Maybe we will find out things... I really would like to know (please do not fault me for this! And no, I do not read romance novels!) how everything works out... I want to know about the wedding, uhummm... the night after, and when he changes her. I am surely not the only one who feels that way?! Well, I guess we will have to see. I want to see Charlie's reaction to the engagement, everything. Plus, I can not get enough of when Bella and Edward are together for some reason (when they are happy, anyway).
All in all, I am going to say that this has been such a great day (and a great reading experience, thank you Stephanie Meyer!). I had a great time reading, playing with my baby girl (she played with my hair and other silly stuff while I was laying on the carpet, reading). This booked, for some reason, helped me appreciate some things today (maybe it was that permagrin? cheesy and embarrassing to admit... so glad I was reading with no other adults present!). It put me in a Sarah mood, which means lots of music, but especially her, and just made me think about things that are so "me". It is always nice to get back to knowing who I really am. I am an intensely hopeless romantic, and I have not really been that way in a while. And when I listened to music that I LOVE tonight (ie Come What May, and others from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack; Hold On, Building a Mystery, Elsewhere, all by Sarah McLachlan; Angel's Lullaby, Richard Marx, etc) after finishing that series, I am reminded of just how intense some of those songs are! I forget. IS this making any sense?! All you deep people are knowing what I am talking about, I hope! There are two things that really move me, music and books, and this time, in my head, they really went together. Cathartic experience, maybe. Maybe this should just be in my journal? Well, hoping I am not sounding crazy, I will just go out on a limb and post this anyway. Thanks for listening, this is, I suppose, a very personal thing, in some ways.
Let us hope that the actors and the soundtrack will be worthy of the book and help us all like it even more. Especially those like me, that can't afford the time to spend reading the books again for a while (movies are much more doable these days!).
Oh, and one reason I was interested in reading these books, is the vampire I already like! I am really into the show Moonlight (yeah, all 3 episodes I have seen...), and it is a vampire show. Maybe they will actually put some more episodes online? Either way, I liked Mick first.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
I am in Love
Posted by Heather at 12:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Welcome to the addictive world of twilight!
I also sort of ignored my family for three days while I read them.
Twilight is worse than crack with it's addictive properties but the payoff is so much better.
Can't wait for the fourth!
So you've been bitten too? :) Welcome to club! I read them all within a couple of days too. Except I like Jacob more towards the end. . . I dunno. Breaking Dawn will be AWESOME!
Post a Comment