This picture does not look like a lot of cars, but this is the tail end of a police-ended (I think) party. Let me also inform you that the circle from which these cars are leaving has no finished homes. Last night, after I put the kids to bed (it was late cause we had been out), I left to go to Smith's. As I left, I noticed that some new neighbors were having a party.
The house they live in is like 11,000 sq ft, including the garage. It was built by a family, they moved out, another family moved in, they moved out and now the owner is renting to some single guys trying to make a few $ while all his assets are frozen? I am not sure, but I know the guys are not renting for what that house would rent for (one told me). ANYWAY.
So I come home from the store, about 10:30 pm, and I notice that there is a lot of people parked on the street. They live on a corner, in our part of the neighborhood where the street is like a boxy figure 8. So the cars were mostly all on the other side (not our street) and I was just remembering that it was late and they must be going to that house. Then I looked a while later. YEAH a steady stream of cars. My neighborhood is not one you drive through- it is the end of a road at the base of a mountain. The most traffic we get is on a Sunday in June. So anyway, they were having a HUGE party. I looked at the house from my deck and their ginormous window to the family room/kitchen had green lights moving around. Hmm. Interesting. So soon, it is like 11:30 and they ran out of parking on that street (if the idiots would have paid attention, they could have parked on my street and saved the walk... these lots are large and they are UP HILL from us (two houses, to be exact). So people started parking on the streets by me (we live on a corner as well), and you could hear doors shut like every two seconds. And loud people walking by our house. Annoying, but had I been asleep (like I should have been) I would have slept through it. But as the throngs of people flooded in, so did police. I love the Sheriffs around here. They really are on top of things (one night, at 3 am, they came and told us our garage door was open). There was like 5 police cars/trucks to like 100 other cars, each carrying 4 or more people each.
Around 11:45, I started noticing people going down the hill and it looked like they were done. I think it was ended by police, cause then there was the same flood out as there was in. That picture above, was taken after midnight. Oh yeah, that circle is not part of the figure 8, and people parked all the way up it. It is a steep hill. Too bad I did not think of taking a picture of the mass exodus (or arrival) earlier. Or offering a shuttle service for $1 per person. The highlight (not) of the evening was when an idiot and his group were getting into his truck, in the front of our house. Everyone was in the car and he stopped behind the truck. For too long. I was watching out Sydney's window and though I did not see any details (ha ha), he was PEEING ON MY FRONT YARD! I ran out to the front door and opened it and yelled NICE! And Jody came over and told him to go pee in a toilet (yeah, I am going to guess the house they left has like 6 at least). I guess I can give him a tiny bit of credit, instead of yelling or being a bigger idiot, he said sorry.
I was actually so interested in this party cause I was waiting for them to wake up one of my kids, which, surprisingly never happened. I was kind of making sure nothing too crazy happened. One guy was wearing a cowboy hat, shirt and boots, and his tighty whiteys ran down the street. Who are these people, really?
This was this morning as I went in my room to ditch my retainers. I had to take the pic and post it, since I just posted about Jake in my bed! This is what it looks like when I am pregnant and get out of bed at 4 am to go pee. I come back and have to kick a pooch out of my spot (and he groans! But hey, at least my spot is warm). My down comforter is drying, so that is why we are using blankets. And, they both really were asleep.





1 comments:
I loved that you caught the guy peeing on your lawn! Too funny.
Post a Comment