
Then... umm like a month after we had it, we had to have it serviced. Then it went back to being fabulous. It really is superior in its actual performance. It makes perfect popcorn. No joke. So then a few months later, more crap. That was such a freaking ordeal, it was not even funny. I was about ready to KILL Kitchenaid! We had someone service our fridge before the microwave stuff (just something little, make sure to do it while its under warranty, you know) and the repairman was from Doyle's Appliances. Well, this microwave business, they assigned us A & E. WHAT A FREAKING JOKE. They were so hard to deal with. And on top of that, we never had the same repairman twice. They came out, weren't sure what was covered by warranty, whatever. Thought they ordered parts, had another appt scheduled. The other guy comes out, says no, don't need all those parts, lets just do this... then HE orders parts (the first order apparently was never made). THEN the third guy comes out and fixes it. FREAK. They were all nice guys, just hate the company's set up. BIG TIME-- you call a service center in like Philadelphia to schedule and its a queue type thing. Whatever. I tried to get them to give me a new microwave, this stuff should not be happening to a NEW, EXPENSIVE microwave (they did not go for that)! Anyway. Not much time goes by. I got Kitchenaid to pay for it (or American Express, I can't remember). WELL. Then it went out AGAIN!!! This was within a month or so (well, it took the 3 services the whole month of February to get me my microwave back... thank goodness for the bachelor!). So when this happened, I called Kitchenaid, and specifically requested Doyle's again. I would lose it big time to deal with A&E again. Roger came through for me and I got a new microwave. Not too long after, the micro started sounding too loud. OH. MY. HELL. What is the deal?! So Roger from Doyle's comes and fixes some things (oh, no worries, I can tell you the names of all these parts, I even know that some sounds, or lack of, mean stop use at once, the fan is dead and the magnetron is going to blow... etc), and decided it was still not right, so he ordered another part and came back the next day. Well, later that day, it made a crazy backfiring-like sound. It still worked. The next day, I made one lean cuisine (good mom, eh), it made that sound again, but food cooked. The second meal I was cooking did not cook at all. And then I noticed it sounded different again, so I would not let anyone use it. I called Doyle's again, and Roger came back. I swear he must be soooo sick of me! A bunch of blah blah blah and I need a new magnetron. But this time it is not the microwave's fault, he made a small error with the fan, and he actually had the part in his van. So its good, had no probs since. WHEW. He told me he has that microwave and has not had a problem, has fixed a few of these, but mine is by far the worst experience he has seen. I'd say!
So, if anyone wants the bachelor white micro, sorry. I need it! It is my life saver!
*This Kitchenaid one really is superior when it functions properly.





1 comments:
i hope it's all good now! the bachelor what is like to call 'an oldie but a goodie'.
Post a Comment