Friday, May 23, 2008

A Blast From the Past!

It sucks that I wrote what I wanted and then instead of ctrl+x, I pushed shift+x. So here we go again! Okay so it is hard to believe a year has gone by, but then at the same time, it really seems so far away! If anyone was wondering (I just know you were!) what I was doing last year, today, it was a busy (and an early) one. Jenni and I decided to wake up early and hit the Grand Opening of Ikea, the first one in Utah. She had an alarm clock malfunction and was there so early that we were only like the 4th group away from where the line stopped being campers (as in the people who camped out for a few days, or at least that night). It was kind of funny cause some were getting mad that people were talking (HULLLOOOO you do not sleep in line with a ton of people and expect to get any sleep!). We made some friends (haha and I do not remember their names), we were among those who received a door prize, mine was a $50 gift card, fun, huh? It was Jenni and I, and then my sweet Sydney was 6 months old and was quite the little feeder, so she had to come with me. I think some people were annoyed with me because I was in and out of the line all morning long, but what am I going to do? I had to go to my car, the kid was hungry! Plus the temperature was subzero so I was feeling guilty, like she was cold or something... Ethan was going to be dropped off later, so I brought the double stroller. It came in handy, carrying all our loot! Do you see those people acting like they are with me, behind my stroller? Well, they were driving us CRAZY!!! They were in line behind Jenni and I and they kept trying to get in front of us. I wanted to say that in their country, there are so many people that they have to stand that close to others, but here, its just not nice! They so crowded us the whole time, and then they would be all friendly with the baby, like we were friends. Okay just to hit the point home, the girl to the left, she was in front of us; the line would continue to the stroller and then us, that you can not see, to the right of the stroller. Those people should not even be in the picture. How annoying. We all got little cards, I don't know what their little urgency was (maybe cultural, as I was saying before)! Now that I think about it, I think I remember hearing them say that they did not really know what Ikea was, hahahaha. Just there for the freebies and cheap food.

This is the inside peek- I am not sure how anyone could be cold in there, but I was still worried. The day was packed, because after all of the Ikea craziness, we left and went to breakfast and then we took Syd to get her ears pierced! You can barely see that earring, but its there. Funny enough, I still have not purchased new earrings-- she is still wearing her studs.




*ps, she did not smile like this often or for just anyone! Sometimes not even for daddy :)

1 comments:

scrappysue said...

i wish WE had IKEA :(
posted your little package today.