Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Birthday Celebration

I was thinking about inviting friends to this party, but I did not. Sorry guys :) I just was not sure I could handle that many more people right now. I wish I could have invited some of my aunts and uncles too, but for some reason, a big huge crowd is just not in my mental capacity this week! I told Jody that I don't want a family birthday party, I want a friend one. Plus, I usually just go to my parents' house for that Sunday (Father's Day) anyway, so that would work fine.
Okay, so Jody likes pork and I do not, therefore I rarely cook it. So I decided to make ribs. Beef and pork ribs. I am not even sure how well they turned out. I know, people said they were good, but how do you really know, when you won't eat one yourself? So I am sorry if they were not good and you had to lie to me (hahahaha).

Jody with brother Kelly and sister Tami

Jody's sister, Natalie and Tami's daughter, Dakota

My brother Joel and brother in law Brad... they are usually fighting :) Dakota with Jody's mom, Patty
Syd and me (her haircut is looking much better!)
Ethan, the manager of the kitchen. He thinks he needs to always get this stool out of the cupboard and be in charge. Drives me crazy, of course.
Me and my dad, Lyle
My poochie, Jake, loving his rib.
Syd with my mom, Jodie, and my dad, Lyle
Erica, my sister
Brad, Joel, and Erica's boyfriend, Weston
Kelly and his wife, Ane
Natalie gave Jody Twilight, as a joke. It was funny! But really, she wanted it back :)
It was a fun party. We were able to enjoy the breeze outside and have people over. My grandma was there as well. The food turned out good (I know the other stuff did anyway) and I was glad to have it and then be done.

2 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

Happy Birthday Jody! You are so awesome, the pics are great! We need to all go out soon!

scrappysue said...

you are too cute!!! love your specs. happy birthday jody! lovely view out over the 'burbs' and what a fun family!!!