I just had to say. I really like my Bishop! It is actually interesting. We met him at the ward campout, only a month after we moved in. He was actually not the Bishop at the time, but in the Bishopric. Anyway, he looked so familiar to me and after we got talking, I still did not know why he looked so familiar. So a few weeks later, a friend from high school, who is also in my ward-- (who I love, by the way, she is great!) was telling me that he was from the same place as us. I knew exactlty how I knew him. Well, I actually never knew him, but he has two sisters that I went to school with and they look alike enough, and I knew their mom. Besides all of that, we made friends with him and his wife right off. They are such great people.
I had heard that our Bishopric has had a hard time with callings-people who don't like each other, so they can not be in callings together, must release this person cause the new person called can't work with them, etc (yeah, RIDICULOUS) and just having a hard time getting people to accept callings, give talks, etc. Plus normal things, like dealing with issues people have in the ward, such as adultery, financial woes, pornography, death, etc. I just really have a great amount of respect for him and his counselors. They have a hard job! THEY ARE NOT PAID FOR SUCH HARD WORK! I am sure that he had no idea he was going to have to deal with jr high-like issues, either. I know their families. I know that they have so much to do for work, and home. In fact, the Bishop has three small children- the oldest is 4 (or 5?) the next is 3 and they have a new baby. He has a demanding career as well. {That is just the Bishop, I know the others are similar. }
I am just trying to say that I really do love and appreciate these people. They did not sign up for these callings, and yet they do them, happily, and really genuinely care about us. I know they care about my family, at least. The Bishop pulls me aside regularly and asks how we are doing. They put in the time and effort to teach things that we, as a ward family, need to hear (I actually found out today that my Bishop does not really like public speaking all that much... what a trooper!).
Though, I am guessing, they will never read this blog, THANKS to my bishopric and their wives, we love you!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
My Bishop
Posted by Heather at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment