One of my favorite things about Old Navy is their holiday merchandise. I love to buy their holiday socks (shhhh... don't tell Stacy and Clinton). Sometimes, I go there JUST for that. I made a special request at Christmas for them, and Jody said they did not have any. I went for some Valentine's stuff, and they had a very small selection. No socks. They are not selling them anymore. I was very disappointed. I had actually bought Ethan a really cute shirt from Wal-Mart last year- it said Hunk of Burning Love on it and it had a white flame heart. So harley-ish and cute. I checked them out last Saturday am and I could not find anything Valentine's for little kids. Then, when I went to Old Navy and was disappointed (by their St Patrick's Day stuff, too, since they usually have great stuff for the holiday my family loves to celebrate), I decided that maybe I was crazy and would drag my two FUN (HAHAHAHAHA) children to yet another large store. That was AWFUL. First of all, I forgot to look in the holiday section, thinking they may have clothes in the.... CLOTHES section. No dice. I did see cute Easter stuff... and wouldn't you know it, none of Syd's size. DO these people order two of each size? I mean come freaking ON! Anyway. At this point, my precious little 3 year old is YELLING that I am "a dumb idiot Heather" and I am really about ready to strangle him right there, in front of everyone (why not? I am already embarrassed as it is). That is when it dawns on me to go to the holiday section. Then I get there, and there is not a boy thing in sight. Come on, I am not the only mom who likes to dress her kids up in holiday shirts! I know I am not! So I had to resist buying Syd anything cause they had such cute stuff. And I was lucky at Old Navy and bought her the cutest outfit. So I did grab me some socks (thanks Target!) and a few one-spot items (like a green-jeweled tiara-- I tell you, we celebrate and go to the parade and everything! I love that cheap little section).
I am waiting for her hair to grow and hopefully get curlier :)
I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!





2 comments:
cute kids! Sounds like a big ordeal, maybe you could make your own shirts with some puffy paint, or better yet, glitter puffy paint! That would be a good time, and very stylish may I add. Sorry Jody!
Your kids are cute! And big! And we have the same IKEA chair (except mine is red :).
Post a Comment