Friday, February 22, 2008

Cleanest Highchair in the World

How is that possible, you ask? Well, I actually dislike cleaning the high chair very much. I bought one that has way too many crevices and places for food to get stuck. I need a toothpick to get it fully clean. Why? Why do people make things like that for kids? I was clueless when I bought it and did not even think about it. Well, anyway, that is all beside the point. For about 12 hours, my highchair was cleaner than when I bought it. But it is what happened right before that I am going to make you sick (I am sure) by telling you.
So last night, we were eating dinner and I was finished but Sydney was still eating. I left her in her highchair and went about my business, cleaning up, loading laundry, whatever. I was all over the house. Ethan was driving me crazy, so in an effort to get him out of my hair for a minute (or second!), I told him to go give Sydney a kiss. So he ran to her, then ran back to me yelling "Syd got poop all over me!" WHAT?! So I walk over and actually notice what it is she has been doing. Her diaper was poopy (I feed my kids with clothes off, just a diaper on) and she had proceeded to take it out of her diaper and smear it all over her and her highchair. SICK. Sick. SICK! Avoiding the poop was out of the question- I had to scrub her off in the bath tub... she did not love that, and I am not exactly the pinnacle of a nice, loving mom while touching poop... So while she was in the tub, I cleaned the poop off her high chair. {No worries, I could see her.} I am actually surprised I did not damage the chair and my floor from the amount of bleach I used. The strap had to soak over night, because of course, it was covered in the mess, but other than that, this chair was cleaner than ever!
Now if anyone asks why these kids usually wear so many layers, well, I could not handle this if it were in her crib or on her carpet...

4 comments:

natj said...

Ahhh poop... I always have to wonder if they realize that the muck they are spreading all over stinks like crap. I guess they are just too little to care. Was she eating it too? Love these little babies!

Kelli Proctor said...

grossorama head! But thats what we all get to deal with as moms, some day they might be cleaning up after us too, so enjoy! Hey I was at Old Navy this evening, they have the BEST stuff there right now! Anyway they had WAY cute St. patricks day attire, tons! So go check it out! GOod luck with that!

Tres Chic Boutique said...

(heather says:)I am not sure if she was eating it, though she did have some in her hair and on her cheek... I hate poop. YUCK. Now I am paranoid that any time she is poopy, I have to change it right away (so I check more frequently), because I am afraid she will somehow get it out and all over. Lovely.

Wife and Mother said...

Yuck! You made me laugh! The story made me laugh - mostly because it didn't happen to me. I am glad that you had enough of a sense of humor to write about it and bring joy to the rest of us.