Wednesday, November 7, 2007

OOPS...

Last night, I went to put Sydney to bed, and I fell asleep feeding her. Then I fell asleep singing Ethan his songs before he goes to bed. Then, I decided to lay on the couch for a few-- I had things I wanted to do before I go to bed. Well, I woke up at about 3 am to the sound of Sydney. But then she was quiet, so I got ready for bed and then logged on to do my blog and then she started crying. So I had to go in there and by the time I was done, I just wanted my bed.
I only lay on the couch when I am not ready to go to bed yet. I am the perfect patient-- my orthodontist told me to where my retainer EVERY NIGHT. Since I am an adult who had to endure wearing metal on her teeth when women already feel unattractive-- during pregnancy-- as well as being the adult who paid for them (as in not my parents), and that day I will not forget-- getting them off. I have sensitive teeth and I would rather not endure that again. So, needless to say, I have a great respect for retainers and I can honestly say that I have worn mine every single night since June 2005 except once when I forgot them and I went camping and maybe two other times. I also grind my teeth REALLY BAD and I can only handle sleeping now with my retainers on because my teeth do not hurt when I wake up.
So when I fall asleep on the couch, Jody is supposed to wake me up so I can go through my nightly dental routine, take my pills (one of which is keeping me sane... no, not an antidepressant, it is an anti pregnancy pill hahahaha), and check in on the kids (have to make sure they are breathing, hahaha, and check to make sure they are warm). He said he tried and I was mean to him (which is definitely likely) , so he gave up and went to bed. I guess he does not care if I get my pills....

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey Heather! I've enjoyed reading your blog, I just found it today! I saw that "Heather" had commented on my blog a few times but I wasn't 100% sure that it was you :). Anyway, I will be sure to check back often, it's a great way to keep in touch!

P.S. I fall asleep on the couch too, only I get really really mad when Blaine wakes me up. He is supposed to leave me alone!