Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Laundry and Trash

First off, I do not care if it is 12:36 am. It is still Monday to me. Hahaha. Anyway I suppose this goes along with Sunday papers. I was thinking today, as I took out some trash, how much I actually enjoyed it. Its like a cleansing- getting rid of excess in the house. If only everything were so easy, right? Put it in bag, take it outside so you don't have to look at it (or smell it) and then someone comes and picks it up every week.
My poor laundry room... well that is the opposite! I put all these dirty clothes in there, I wash them, but, unless they are to be worn immediately, these clothes can't seem to get out. I am goo at getting the clothes clean, but if I can't fold the stuff in 30 seconds or less, the stuff in the dryer just gets added to my counter space so I can dry the clothes waiting (you know, so they do not stink!). I worked on this today, too. My husband was out of clean underwear and I had to wash some (he has TONS- I hate washing whites), so I decided I would try to fold the whole load while I was cooking in the microwave. I was not fast enough, but at least I got it done and I put that load away. I actually do not mind doing the laundry, it is just easy to neglect because it is in a room and I can shut the door. But I absolutely love the feeling when my trash cans are empty and my laundry room is all clean.

2 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

that is a good feeling! It was great to see you and the fam last night. You guys are so great! You should do your tag for your post of the day hmmmm.....that would be an excellent idea!

natj said...

i totally relate on the laundry thing. washing is one thing- easy enough but it's the folding of the laundry that gets me every time. my kids like me to keep your blog up so they can listen to Halloween Jack. ha!