This is a comment that was left on my friend Brandy's blog (link in sidebar). I could not have said it better.
It is hard to totally take in just the joy in a truly joyous moment when it comes after 9 months of weight gain, swelling, nausea, exhaustion, surgery, upset of familiar routines, hormonal adjustments, expenses, long-late nights, emotional siblings, and lack of control of things we want control of (our lives!)
HOLY COW! That about sums up how I feel. I am about one more sleepless night away from losing it too. I have not gone too many places yet, but Jody goes back to work tomorrow and I fear I will never be able to leave the house again. Especially with a nursing baby who eats every freaking two hours. As in I start feeding him at 12, I start again at 2. Short leash- Jody's words. A trip to Wal-Mart takes twice as long, let alone go on more than one errand at a time! Not to mention that I would have to haul around three kids. Two was hard enough. I am not a stay home and chill all the time kind of person. I mean I like to do that, but I really like to leave too. I wonder how long I am going to survive! (Can we advance my first child into Kindergarten and go ahead and make it an all day affair here???).
To add to it some details, we received my portion of the hospital bill today. Besides the fact that each percocet (and I took lots) were $3.55 each (When you pay $5 at Smiths for a whole bottle, maybe $4 at Costco), there is the room charge. Now I am not complaining, I could have left before I did and I would have been fine (maybe?), I just want to point this out. Maybe next time I will have my baby and check us both out and head for the Bellagio. I am dead serious. My room charge was $515 a night. That did not include the nurses. They charged for those as well. LOTS. Okay, right now we have pretty damn good insurance. They pay 90%. Well, they just changed, due to all the crap that is going on and I am sure the downward spiral of newspapers does not help. Anyway, they won't pay so much next time. SO what I am saying is- how much is the Bellagio? I always wanted to stay there. I mean I would have to be extra careful not to ruin anything (haha), but other than that, I can get up the next day, and Jody can help me do that. I may just get a real luxury vacay rather than a pretend one :). I wonder what the nursery bill is going to look like... (just in case you are curious, my maternity bill was more than $9000. Not including baby, my OB, Anesthesia, etc. Just the hospital. If you don't have insurance, I pray you qualify for Medicaid.)
Sorry, I am neurotic. Going to feed baby and go to bed. For an hour or two. Pray that it is three or four, that would be much, much better and maybe it would recharge me for the no sleep that is going to come tomorrow night!
Monday, March 16, 2009
WOW
Posted by Heather at 10:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Okay missie. I have been where you are and I'm certain to be there again! But since I'm not right now, and I'm cooking up a whole mess o' corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day, can I drop some off tomorrow? Call me and let me know 502-6777.
AND, please let me know if there is anything I can do - do you want me to have the kids come over and play? Do you want me to come watch the baby so you can take a nap? I have one more glorious week of availability (my mother-in-law comes to town on the 26th, and I have a friend having surgery this Wednesday) but otherwise, I am ready and able to help.
You tell me, and don't be shy!
It still takes me at least twice as long at walmart with three kids in tow. It is hard! There is no way around it. I remember it all very clearly. I spent a lot of time at Chick-Fil-A and let them play on the toys. luckily it will be warm soon... and you can hopefully take advantage of parks. I remember spending lots of time nursing Hayden in the car. I was not going to cut my time out short to run home for a feeding. The other two got used to it and just played in the back of the car. I mostly remember sitting in the back of Target's parking lot.
If people ask to help take advantage of that!! They wouldn't ask if they didn't mean it. And don't be afraid to ask! Make play dates for the kids. Have them go to seperate places or maybe just one of them go to take the load off. I'm sorry about the sleepless nights. That is what makes it all so hard because you are tired all of the time. At least it was for me. Hang in there. You're a great mom!!
So Heather I can TOTALLY relate. Max ate every 2 hours and my other two were not that way. I don't know if you are okay with this but it REALLY helps. Give your little guy a bottle once a day. That will at least give you 4 hours before you have to be "attached". I promise things will get better. It may take a couple of months but it will get better. I was totally in the same boat as you but I was taking two kid to school and dance and friends and who the heck remembers where else. Three is definalty an eye opener and so much harder!!! If you need help you could drop them off and let them play here...my kids would entertain them. It will get better though. Oh and thankfully it is getting warm so you could just go sit outside to get out of the house. Oh and DON'T OVERDO IT. I made that mistake and regretted it!!!
your little guys a DOLL!!!
come and have your next baby here - it's FREE, and the hospital is brand new
Honey--boy do all of us moms feel your pain (and frustration, overwhelmedness, etc..) It will get better. Before long you will be an old pro at being a mom of three. Just know that what you are feeling is not abnormal and you will adjust. I am also available.. I still owe you a playdate. I have to work thurs and friday, but maybe I could help you next monday with the kids or dinner or whatever you need. Hang in there. It will get easier. I'll pray for you..
you are so awesome, I know you can do it! It just takes some getting used to just like having 1 or 2 kids! I actually think one is the hardest, that is until all 3 of my boys are running in opposite directions in the store! Haha, just kidding, if I can do it, you can!
And I totally feel for you on the dr. bills! Every dr. has a bill and not to mention the hospital bill! Its crazy, but everything will work out!
Love you and I cant wait to go to breakfast with you, maybe by the time its your birthday you will be ready! WOOHOO!
Post a Comment