I am trying to make good use of the time I have to be awake. Plus half the time I fall asleep in my chair and my sleep is not great, so I am trying to stay awake while feeding my mid-night eater. There are things I like about nursing, but I have to say that it is not my favorite. If formula was free, I would be VERY tempted to quit or mix the two. I have a side that I am always having problems with and I frequently get blisters that hurt like *hell*. With Syd, I only got it once. With this kid, so far, twice, but not as awful as the ones with Ethan. Those really sucked. I had one every month for ten months. The month went like this-- get one, get it to pop or whatever, go through healing, have a few days, maybe a week pain-free, then start the process all over. I am too much of a loyal stick-with it kind of person some times. I am glad I did it, but I can honestly say that I all but hated it for the first 10 months. Syd was different cause we got help and she was a better eater. The problem there was that she wanted to eat ALL THE TIME. So every two hours and then every three hours. This kid is the same in that aspect. Bottle fed babies go longer between feedings, so that is my biggest thing right now. I know nursing is the best, I am just being really negative about it. I know that there will be a time in the next month or two that I will change my feelings about it, I hope anyway!
My computer is being stupid (and my camera), so when everything starts cooperating, I will get my St Patrick's Day fun posted!





8 comments:
Congrats on your new addition. I was also up until 2am, but not with a hungry baby, so I can't totally relate... My benadryl didn't kick in like it normally does. Hope the feedings get better for you!
So cute!!! I have to say, I feed my baby a bottle once a day still plus food and he still eats every three hours. The two hour feeding will go away!!!
He is so cute! His skin is so clear and perfect. so sweet.
he is so adorable heather!!! oh - i sent you some baby love last week!
Sorry you are having such a hard time although i couldn't produce any milk for my little baby so I am a little jealous that you can breast feed. Good Luck!!
All those things you were talking about makes me remember WHY I'm not ready to do it again. The nursing issues and no sleep is just so tough! Hang in there! Ask the nurse at the pediatrician office if they have any formula samples. I did half and half and I hardly ever paid for formula cause they always gave me TONS of samples...it's worth a try if you're desperate!
He's so cute, even if he cries too much..LOL
Sorry I didnt realize that I was logged into our company account..haha
Its like you are commenting to yourself :)
Post a Comment