Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Iron Man

Tonight, we had a birthday party for Ethan and Sydney with my side of the family. These pics are mostly of him, but when it gets closer to hers, I will post her pics as well.
If you ask Ethan what his name is, it is Iron Man. In prayers, he refers to himself as that as well, so I thought it fitting that I request an Iron Man cake to celebrate his birthday! Ethan's birth announcement (ummm... that I never mailed out...) I don't think that the morphine had worn off yet and I was wrapped in those warm blankets (that sound really nice right now!)

Erica and baby Ethan

Meeting Chico (Pekingese, parents') and Jake (pug, mine) for the first time-- a day I am sure those dogs will never forget or forgive me for!

My little burrito

This boy loves baseball!


The day Ethan met his new baby sister. I think he likes her better than the dogs like him ;)
Ethan taking a pic of Syd with his new camera that he had just received for his birthday (from Grandma Genessy) Ethan's 2 yr photo
Halloween 2006
Ethan's new bed!
Early snow- September 2006
1-5-2008
1-5-2008 -- I could not resist adding this... too funny!
11-30-2007
12-2-2007-- Jody does not like this ONE BIT! He is such a BYU fan!
9-2-2007
7-18-2008 with the Tycksen kids
7-19-2008 -- post triathlon with daddy (Schofield)

A big blob of play-doh; a present for me-- 5-9-2008
2-14-2008, Valentine's Day
Lake Powell sand castle 7-25-2008
One of our favorite things to do-- read books
Ethan copying Jody in his month-begin weight loss documentation (pics we take at the beginning of each month)
Our little family at the Bees game (I still want to call them the "Stingers" and I think that sounds better too!) 8-11-2008
State Fair, September 2008
Ethan "Ironman" and Syd the zebra, hanging out with Papa on Halloween 2008

***The Birthday Party with the Kenney side***
The preview of Ethan's birthday cake
Grandma, Alli, Joel, Jenni
Grandma putting some batteries in the Lite Brite that she and Papa gave E-dog

Jenni and Ironman Hulk/Ethan
Brad, Gma Kenney, my Dad, Syd and my Mom
From Erica and Weston-- the Hulk Hands! These were the hit of the evening.
LOVES that cake!
Ethan's slice of cake (he barely ate any of it!)
Ethan giving Papa a "Hulk Smash" hug

Oh, Love Alli!
Spiderman toy from Jenni and Brad
Unsolicited help...
Look at that big grin!

8 comments:

k.m. said...

I can't believe how big he's gotten. It goes by so quickly. Loved the timeline. Your kids are absolutely adorable! Can't wait for #3 ;)

Kristy said...

Hey Happy Birthday Ethan! We'll give him his birthday present along with Sydney's when were down for Thanksgiving! It looks like he had a really fun birthday party though. Can't wait to see you guys!

Kris

Lisa said...

Fun pictures. It's so good to look back at all of the changes. And it happens so fast! He's so cute!
Happy Birthday Ethan.

Wife and Mother said...

What a great montage! I can't believe how old our kids are getting...

Thomas, Jesi, and Greyson said...

4 years old!! wow that's incredible. He's growing up so fast. Happy bday!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan! He is such a cute little boy and I absolutely love that he refers to himself as Iron Man!!!

scrappysue said...

he is SO CUTE!!! happy birthday ethan! jody is looking REALLY good too!

Tres Chic Boutique said...

DADDY said.....

Ethan, you are THE (Iron)MAN. I hope you always stay as fun and imaginative as you are right now. It's a blast being your dad or the Hulk or Black Spiderman or Darth Vader or Green Goblin or whatever superhero/villain du jour you're calling me!

Well, you're now making Sydney cry, so I better come to her rescue and put you in timeout.

But Happy Birthday!!!!

Love,
Daddy (and all those other guys!)