Friday, November 21, 2008

$8.50 vs $1.50

I know, I should be asleep. But, I really needed to say a few words... this one is for Nicole-- "hold on spider monkey" (or something like that). WHAT THE?!?
Okay, inside jokes aside, I will tr to refrain from saying much for those who have not seen the Twilight movie yet. If you have not yet purchased tickets, and you think you can wait, this is definitely a Sandy Movies 9 kind of movie, if you catch my drift. There were parts where they were cute or whatever, but mostly, this movie is quite rushed, the plot skips around quite a bit (I wonder how a person who has never read the book would react to the show?) and the acting was terrible. I watched a spoofy trailer on Kristen Anselmo's blog and I am sorry to say that the acting in the movie was not much different than the spoof! Like I said, there were parts that were okay, but the rest was... awkward. I know, that is the point, I guess, of the relationship between Bella and Edward at first, but they tried too hard to be awkward and then it just made it even worse. And Robert needs to lay off the psycho facial expressions... I promised myself I would not launch a full review, so I will wrap this up. Nicole and I exchanged "what the ?!?" expressions the whole movie and we were DYING laughing when he said the spider monkey line to her (which our lovely neighbor did not appreciate much...). If you have your tickets, please, do not go with high expectations and good for you if your eyes are glazed over with so much infatuation for the book that you can overlook all the flaws of this film (same goes for the soundtrack). If you have never read the book and see the movie, I would love to hear what you think, but please, don't judge the book by the movie-- the book is much, much better.

4 comments:

Mendenhall Madness said...

I agree. There were some good parts and some relly cheese parts. and what was up with Alice's guy (sorry, can't remember his name it's been way to long since I read them and with a prego mind I can't remember anything)can you say Edward Scissor Hands, I wanted to slap him every time he came on sreen. Hopefully with more $$$ to make the next ones they can work out all the problems.

Shannon said...

I heard that you should not go expecting it to be like the book and know that the book was better...I am going Saturday with Brian and am excited but still have Bella and Edward and the rest of the characters pictured different in my mind so that will be hard also...

itsahalesofalife said...

I don't know if I agree. I knew going into it that this first book would be a bit cheesy. Because I thought the first book had alot of cheesy parts. They are in high school for crying out loud. But with that said I didn't excpect ANYTHING from the movie. From the trailer I thought Edward was ugly and the acting and directing looked too after school special. I also hate the way the director styled the Cullens. They all look kinda stupid. BUT I was suprised. I really really enjoyed the movie. I would agree with you that the book is WAY better, but I think they did a good job with the movie.

Shannon said...

I must say I really liked the movie. They couldn't have made it as good as the book and things were out of sequence but I thought it was really good. You and Nicole are actually the only people I have talked to that didn't like it.