Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ethan Loveable

I want to say a few words about the kidlets. Since it is Ethan's birthday next week, I will start with him! Ethan is my biggest helper, he aims to please. He is a smart, sweet kid who is always on the go. He loves to play with his friends and is very social. Ethan is a creator. He takes the most random little parts to things and creates something. We are talking Starburst, nuts, bolts, paper clips, magnets, broken toy pieces, etc. You get the picture! He created a robot out of random boxes... and he refuses to let me throw it away!
He picked a book from the school library the other day that is a crazy book for his age. It is The Halloween Tree, by Rad Bradbury. I am actually having a hard time appreciating it because of all the stupid details he keeps going on and on about, but that may be because I a) really like simple reads or b) I am reading to an almost 6 year old who has no idea what the freak I am reading about! BUT we have been reading it together the last couple weeks and tonight, it was just he and I, cuddled up on the chair. It was nice and I was thinking wow, someday, this little thing could be my source of comfort.
That reminds me of something we talked about the other day- he said something with reference to taking care of me and I said, no honey, it is my job to take care of you now, it will be your job to take care of me much later. A little grooming (haha), but it was really sweet that he wanted to do it now. I love this kid!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love how little boys want to take care of their mommies. Boys are the best!

Jen Jensen said...

Cute freaking picture