This post was started on Father's Day, but I fell asleep at the computer. It was a LONG day, after an exhausting Friday and Saturday. SO when it has been up a few days, I will change the date back to 6.15.2008.
I would normally post for Jody, but I figure it is my dad's turn. And really, he deserves it. I had the BEST picture in mind, to put on here. I will get it on here, it just might take a while to get someone to find it for me (I am sure he could figure it out, but I will keep it under wraps, for now)!
So here is to my dad. Father to 5 girls. FIVE. I did not ever have the appreciation for what that all means until the last few years. He really has done so much to help us all out. I am sure he helps Joel, too, but he is still young (13) and living at home. So before I go into all of that, I think this photo was taken when he was 19 or 20. Sometime around when I was born. Him and his band members, thinking they were all that.
That is him, right there..................... Sorry, I can not name anyone else (maybe guess?).
He was so skinny! So just out of high school! I know that if he could, he would so try out to be the next American Idol! He loves to sing (lead singer?), and since he was in a band (or bands), I am sure he must be okay with performing. Plus, he has always played the guitar too. He even taught himself how to play the piano.
Okay anyway. So back to this. He was taught to be a hard worker, and he tried to pass this on to me. Many days when I was growing up, my dad would wake up at 5:30 am and go to work and come home between 5:30-6. He did construction so he was not just sitting at a desk all day (which would suck, too), he was doing hard labor. His back and knees are a witness to that! He worked long hours to keep our family afloat. He taught us to never cut corners and always do it right the first time. He taught us to take care of our things, and others' as well.
He is patient. Very patient. He is always so willing to help all of his kids. He spent many nights trying to get me to care about my math homework. When I was in high school, there were many late nights he would have to come help me cause my dumb car was giving me trouble. Back then, Hogi Yogi closed at 10:30 and 11:30 (plus closing time duties, at least an hour?). He would have to come and help me and then wake up early. That was just me. He has helped all my siblings out for many things, especially cars. In fact, my poor dad continues to help with all my car troubles. Just a few weeks ago he towed Jody to Orem. That same car was towed again, by my dad (this time an employee did it, but he had to leave work and come get my keys because I was car-less), back to Orem.
He is always available for a blessing, or a consultation of some sort, from what kind of fertilizer to put on our lawn, to what to do when the obnoxious 3 year old flooded the house with the toilet to what cut of meat I should buy. He is strong in his faith and knows the meaning of repentance and the power of the Priesthood. He is an excellent example to me of these things. I am sure there are many other things I could say, but lastly, I will say, and this means so very much to me, he is great with my kids. You can tell that he genuinely loves them and enjoys their company.
So thank you, dad, for all the things you have done, and continually do for me-- big and small. You are great and I love you a lot!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
To My Dad
Posted by Heather at 1:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
He is a great guy, I have always thought that! This was such a nice tribute Heather, great job!
what a great tribute heather. 5 girls. WOW! where are you in that group of 5? my hubs is the middle child of 7
I am numero UNO. The big experiment, basically! Haha. There are 6 kids, in all, but my younger bro was fortunate (???) to be born last!
Post a Comment