Up until recently, these ice creams were my favorite! I would mix them, so the mint as not overwhelming and I still got my Cookies 'N Cream. I buy Dreyer's Slow Churned in large quantities when they are on a good sale, so I had to post that these are my last two. It is a sad moment! I was at the store the other day and noticed that some were smaller, only 1.5 instead of 1.75 (L?). The flavors were special ones, like rootbeer float and apple pie, so I thought that was why. Nope. Then I started noticing them all over the place, and now, you can only buy that stupid size at Smith's (except stuff like French Vanilla). So I am MAD. I mean, I plug them all over the place, I but this ice cream religiously, to be honest, I eat more ice cream than I drink milk (I don't drink milk). So I am now boycotting. I am not going to buy Dreyer's anymore. The Private Selection (Kroger/Smith's fancier brand) has a low fat cookies n cream, but it is not as good, but I guess I will have to do without. I just don't want everyone to think that they can just make their tubs smaller. Russells' tubs are like 1.85- bigger than the Dreyer's former size. I may be batting for a lost cause, but I just can't take everything being so expensive (umm like $4 gas), and so this is my cause I am standing up for! This is a pic of a gas station I drove by today. It really makes me sick.
We went on a drive to Echo Reservoir, where Jody plans to do a triathlon in July (we almost did not go because of the picture up there). We could not find a place to picnic (without paying $10), so we ended up at an elementary school park.
One of the reasons we were late to Stake Conference today... She does smile! Who knew? Syd is now 18 months. And she wore that headband for about ten minutes. Grrr. At least she wears things for pictures (sometimes)!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Boycott
Posted by Heather at 10:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
the cost of petrol is outrageous i agree! it's set to go up here again. they talk about it over the radio and put it in the newspaper, so when it ACTUALLY goes up, no-one gets too upset. such a CROC!!!
you're lucky she wears that headband at all. std behaviour for someone her age - don't sweat it.
did u say your sister lives in NY???
Yeah, she lives somewhere in Manhattan, why do you ask?
I wish I could boycott gas, but I would be stranded. That would REALLY SUCK (and I would go crazy).
I am going to be now... 12:40 AM... I am TIRED!
coz i'm going to be in NY oct 5-15 and i wanna meet as many ppl as i can; hang out with some locals, take in some shows, pick their brains, oh and maybe bludge a night or two free accommodation!!!
i'm house-trained (truly) and i will come bearing chocolate (LOTS of chocolate)...
looks like tons of fun! I am glad you still went and ignored the gas prices, thats what we did when we went to Cali this last week! Life is meant to be loved and lived, forget about the negative details. Dont boycott icecream, we LOVE icecream! Well, I guess you will have to switch to Breyers! I am excited to get together with you this month, Kneaders breakfast anyone, huh, huh?!
Gas is $4.33/gallon here in Seattle! It sucks!!! Congrats to Jody on the triathalon. Hope everything goes okay with his job! Yikes!
I drove by that same gas station today and it went up another .06 to $3.93... crazy!
Heather...Loved watching your kids last night! I'm in love with Sydney she's the sweetest thing ever! She has the cutest little voice, she kept pointing to the sky and saying "moon"! Ethan was so good too, he went down our driveway on his bike at least a hundred times, and only biffed it once because he was looking behind him to make sure his gun wasn't falling off! Let me know if you've figured out the schedule for July!
Post a Comment