Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Smells of My Life

I really wish I had something pleasant to say about this, so this is not the post for week stomachs. I feel like the smells I get the very most are pee and poop. In fact, I sometimes have to add vinegar to the wash and RE-WASH the load of laundry because Ethan's clothes retain the stench. I ran out of pull-ups a few weeks ago and was told by a few people that they just washed sheets a bunch and then the kid was trained at night. Ummmm. Well, I tried that, and the not quitter in me (haha I am sounding like Meredith Grey) tried for longer than a week... well, he would be dry one night, then wet the next two, the dry (not that structured, but something like that). His mattress still has plastic on it, so I was I was not worried about it. BUT the kid likes to roll all over and he peed on the floor twice. SICK! So that is the reason the pull-ups went back on (how convenient I found some in our storage room!).
Then there is the poop. Oh how I hate poop. It is a dang good thing I love Sydney as much as I do. To be quite honest, she has done the poop thing on her high chair at least three times (but the first was the absolute worst, hands down), in the play yard once (that was on Jody's watch, so he had the great time cleaning that up). Just the kid without a onesie was a hazard... but now, she just reaches down and goes through the side. Beautiful. So this morning when I went to get her out of her crib (keep in mind that I was up, I did not know she was awake, so she was not just in there forever, awake and bored, to my knowledge) and she had olive pieces in her hands. I know, SICK. I did warn you... Where would olives come from, when the kid was in her crib, food-free, all night (except the 4 am cry session...)? So I noticed that she had unzipped her jammies and her onesie and leg had poo all over them. I now have to wash her crib sheet, but I am SOOOOO lucky that she did not just rub crap all over her crib. I would be so angry. There would be MUCH yelling involved- cute baby or not.
In case you are wondering, she loves the potty, but she just has not gone on it more than twice. Twice, on cue, but then just a play thing. I am thinking of looking into Potty Training in One Day. I am just skeptical she is old enough, understands enough. But all this poooooo makes me just want to (have a kid who keeps their hands out of their pants) just get it taken care of.
No pictures this time... did not think the topic was one for visuals! :)

1 comments:

Wife and Mother said...

We have been struggling with the potty training stuff too. I loved your stories. They make me feel better about the process.