Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tagged Again

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
5 things i was doing 10 years ago:

1. I lived with my Grandma Kenney.
2. I worked at a Family Practice as a receptionist (crazy-busy).
3. I enjoyed being a part of a sorority and making such great friends. (we are all lucky my scan feature on my printer is not properly functioning!). :)
4. I was trying to figure out what I was doing in my life... I am not sure if I ever found out, but I did find great friends, that I am proud to say I am still friends with.
5. Going country dancing at The Bay every Thursday night! Yeah, that's right. I was soooo resistant at first but then it was so much fun. We always tried to make it just before 11 sp we could get the 5 (?) rap songs they played... Don't you just remember those days when 11 was just getting things started (and no child, at least your own, to wake you up the next am)?


5 things on my to-do list today:

1. Go to bed before 11:00 (better start getting ready now! ha ha), since last night I went to bed around 2 am.
2. Paint some for blocks green, for my 'March' blocks. Will post on letreschic.blogspot.com soon.
3. Eat some ice cream.
4. Brush and floss my teeth and get that retainer in before I can think of anything else to eat!
5. Maybe watch a show before I go to bed.
(It is 9:30, I am burned out for the day!)



5 snacks i enjoy:

1. ICE CREAM
2. Any treat I have made, brownies, cookies (this special chocolate chip recipe I found-- YUM and with Guittard chocolate chips, gingersnaps, etc), Pie. I really was born with a MAJOR sweet tooth. I guess I better start running 8 miles a day if I ever want to lose weight with this broken Full-o-Meter of mine.
3. My Grandma Harrison's granola! Almonds, flax seeds, 6 grain cereal, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, etc. I LOVE THIS STUFF! And I love that it does not bother my system one bit (except my thighs, cause I eat too much, that bothers me).
4. Oranges, apples (gala, with a little Addams peanut butter), raspberries, peaches, ranier cherries (YUMMMMM), barely ripe bananas-- any of these fresh.
5. Bread, I particularly enjoy pugliese, sourdough and Prairie Grain Bread companies wheat varieties. I love a really good, whole wheat bread. One that actually contains a good amount of fiber. This particular one is dense and must be kept free of extra ait-- would not want to dry it out, then I won't eat it anymore! I know, I am wasteful and picky, what can I say?



5 things i would do if i was a billionaire:

1. Pay off my house and help my husband build his bunker (HAHAHAHA)/underground theater room (with that, I would also. Just perfect my house to be everything I ever wanted (which does include extra insulation between my kids' walls so they won't wake each other up in the middle of the night! Oh and add a house in La Jolla to my residences.
2. I would finance my Grandma Kenney- buy her a house in Salt Lake, so she could have a place up and down. I would also give her a bank account that she would not have to work and she could just kill herself by watching everyone's kids/spend time with them (haha instead of waking at 4 am to go to work after no sleep the night before). I would buy her a new car.
3. Put money in a fund for my kids, that they can have only after they have proved they a) deserve it b) can handle it wisely/responsibly.
4. Help any other family member who needs it (without ruining life's lessons).
5. Have a maid, a handyman, a GARDENER! (my yard is soooo sad), a membership to a fantabulous spa where I can go and get pampered any time I want! (and have a personal trainer too-- I pick Bob!)
6. I did so much for others, can I have a 6th? I would get a degree in Humanities and then travel the world and put all that information to use. And learn more and experience it. I would love that! Kelli, you are my Culture Club friend and I would take you along!


3 of my bad habits:

1. Grinding my teeth.
2. Yelling/impatience.
3. Watching ridiculous TV shows.


5 places i have lived:

1. Houston/Tomball/Magnolia, Texas
2. Highland and American Fork, Utah
3. St. George, Utah
4. Sandy, Midvale, and Salt Lake City, Utah
5. Orem and Provo, Utah
6. Lenexa, Kansas (with Shelly)
7. Draper, Bluffdale, and Herriman, Utah
Many of the above places I have lived more than once. I have never lived in one place for more than 3 1/2 years. I went to at least 4 elementary schools, 3 jr high/middle schools, and ONE highschool. I have moved too many times since, also.



5 jobs i have had:

1. Receptionist at various Dr offices, other places
2. Nanny
3. Hogi Yogi
4. Retail- JC Penney, Mervyn's, Abercrombie and Fitch
5. Member Service Representative, Mountain America Credit Union
MOM

5 things people don't know about me:

I talk too much, so there are not many things...
1. I like to turn on crazy music and dance around with my kids. 2. I was on a drill team when I was in 6th grade-- the Super Steppers, in St. George.
3. I can be pretty creative, I just need some sort of inspiration to get the creative juices flowing.
4. I was almost hit by a train one night while driving home from work; I was a senior in high school (and it would not have been my fault, either. The tracks in AF do not have any guards or arms or whatever).
5. My favorite gum is Mint Mojito by Orbit.

For me to make it to bed by 11, I absolutely must end this. I will not tag anyone, but once again, please do this too cause it is fun to read about others!

4 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

thats awesome, I love reading those! That was so sweet what you wrote about your Grandma Kenney, I love how you are so close to her! And yeah, totally count me in, I am there, I want to someday travel and experience other cultures first hand and breathe in everything each culture has to offer! Love it!

Tres Chic Boutique said...

I did not think of it at the time, but we would prob do those same things for Jody's mom (as I said I'd do for my grandma), too.

Shannon said...

It is so funny to read that.
To think that Sorority was that long ago...That is the scary thing, it makes me think how old I really am:) Love reading your blog. One day I will have to get on the ball and make one of my own!!

Shannon

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.