When I was in St George, my uncle Tim's wife, Carey, stated that her full-o-meter was broken. Yeah, she could not have said it better. That pretty much sums up this last few days. I seriously do not know what my problem is! I thought I was doing good, I have lost a few pounds, and I have felt like my appetite was getting back to normal after being pregnant and then nursing (I have a horrendous appetite when I am nursing). I was feeling pretty good. Then I went to St. George and threw all reason out the window. Now, I am having a hard time telling myself no. I even did the worst thing you can do when you can't stop eating... I baked. I made some delish chocolate chip cookies. Our lesson in church was by Wendy Wells, and she did such an awesome job. And she is a jerk and brought these awesome chocolate chip cookies (they had a small amount of coconut-- added a great flavor). Her lesson was on serving others and she inspired me... to bake some thank yous and such. And make myself some more chocolate chip cookies. I need to get them out of my house. I am being kind of rude, Jody says. I am no good at self control! What can I say? So I am wondering when my body is going to decide it is going to help my mind out and get back into the health groove. I mean, I have been eating healthy, too. I still have oatmeal and raspberries or an egg white omelet with spinach and mushrooms (and a little cheese...love it) and whole wheat bread (that actually contains fiber) for breakfast, etc. I just have a sweet tooth. In a big way! *SIGH*
{Oh, and for those who might speculate that I am pregnant... I lose like ten pounds my first trimester due to nothing looking or sounding good (and, I am sure, a profound fear of gaining 100 lbs of un-loseable weight). It actually is what has been helping me get back to my weight back when I was first married, so I do not mind. But as far as pregnancy goes, I am definitely not ready. I just am starting to feel like I have a handle on my life...}
Sorry, I am not going back and doing this over! Syd is taking over Ethan's bed. She thinks she is so big! She loves to read, something we all are into here.
I was not fast enough with my camera- Jake had his paws up where Sydney's hands were. Cute. She was teasing him, he just wants to come inside. As you can see, in the background is Ethan's mess. He had such a great time out there.





1 comments:
Your kids are so beautiful Heather!
Some sisters in my ward started a healthy living support group called SET, Sisters Enduring Together. We get together once a week to help each other set goals, lend support and help where we can, and be accountable to each other. We each had to set a goal with a completion date, 5 reasons we want to accomplish that goal, and then make a poster with pictures on it that inspire us to reach that goal. We also had to come up with a mantra that we say to ourselves every day. (Mine is I can & I will). Last night I shared my goal with everyone. Then they asked what they could do to help me. Since part of my goal is to exercise 6 days a week, one of the other sisters offered to walk with me in the afternoons. Another sister sends out a daily inspirational email. Some of the sisters are going over to a member's house to help her organize her office. Whatever the goal, we help each other. Another thing we discussed is getting a blessing from our husbands for strength in accomplishing our goals.
Anywho, my point here is, pray for strength, get a blessing, ask for help, be accountable to someone, determine what it is that undermines your will power and do whatever it takes to eliminate that temptation. Maybe you could start your own chapter of SET! Good luck! and don't try to go it alone!
Post a Comment