Friday, June 19, 2009

First Harvest

I am so excited about my garden and that it is growing. There in not much to harvest at this point, YET! But this cold weather has bought me some time in the lettuce, spinach and radish department, so I have been happy about that! Oh and on a completely different note, I have liked the rain and chilliness for other reasons too-- I can wear a jacket and hide my post baby body that I am not loving, I can keep windows open (or not) and not be paying loads for a/c or heat. I have really been grateful for that, since I get hot easy and this weather has really bought me some time during a wonderful season we usually don't get to enjoy all that much.

Radishes and lettuce, straight from my garden! It makes me feel so productive, seeing growth like that. I can not even put into words the rewarding feeling :)
I don't even like radishes! HA! But they are so gorgeous and I was so excited, I tried one. Yeah. Still don't like them! I tried to get my kids to try them, and in true fashion, Syd tried one and Ethan would not even let me close with it. Syd started chewing and spit it out. In a cute way, she said "I hate radishes.... I need a drink!" It was so funny, I could not stop laughing. Nasty. Well others like them, I was giving her a chance to... I gave her a high five for trying something new. Go girl. (unfortunately, Ethan and I are a lot alike. Notice Jody is the one eating the first salad from the garden... I needed his stamp of approval!)
They really are pretty. Red and Green go so well together!

0 comments: