Monday, February 9, 2009

To Answer Some Q's--

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements, 5.0. I really wish that I could just fork out the moula for the best ones (CS3???), but this works fine for me, right now. The paper I used for the last page is Summertime designs (limeade), the frames are actually brushes by Rhonna Farrer, whom I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I love Summer too, she designs awesome things and I am still in awe that she does not charge. I actually printed my first few pages, and I need to pick them up at Costco. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to see them in print! I love the scanner too. I must say though, I love regular scrapbooking as well, and I feel like I am getting better at it. I used a Cricut this past weekend and was really amazed at how much I loved to use it. I definitely will continue to do both types of scrapping. Especially past stuff, and then future stuff that has programs or other things to go along with it. I also found a print shop that I may check out that prints high quality and it would not be on photo paper, it would be on a thicker paper. So I am going to try that out (oh and it costs less than 2.99 a page). These are my recent purchases. I really feel the brushes are worth it, cause you can do so many things with them. You can change colors, etc. make frames. borders, just designs, etc. You can also print them out on transparencies and then use them for regular scrapping. The two paper packs, I just could not resist. I made the card from a kit that I bought as well, but I had a $20 credit from completing that challenge I talked about a couple weeks ago(?). I am really into owls these days, so the whole reason I actually did that challenge was to get that kit free (even though it was only $4). At the end, there is another pager that I have done. I actually accidentally regular scrapped it this past weekend as well! Funny thing about that is, I was looking for a quote to put on that page and we were watching the Moulin Rouge (one of my very favorite movies) and I decided on one from that movie-- the greatest gift is to love and be loved in return-- and it turns out that I put a quote VERY similar on the page I digiscrapped. All without even realizing it. CRAZY. I will not take credit on those valentines-- the only part of it that was "my" idea was the pic. I copied the valentine kit (I bought the whole kit, but copied the valentine kit that she has for sale). I love it and I am so excited to actually give them to people. Jody thinks I am mean for not letting Ethan get Ironman or something. WHATEVER! Plus I can only do this for so long before he won't let me, right (I made these for preschool too, they just have his photo on them. I was worried it was cheesy but Hailey pointed out that its good cause then they will actually know who its from since they can not read)?

2 comments:

Heidi Meadows said...

Those are awesome. I'm thinking about getting into digital scrapping, since i can never find time to do my actual scrapbooks. So I might be asking you for some pointers here in the near future...

Thomas, Jesi, and Greyson said...

I love those pages. I wish I knew how to do digital scarpbooking. you make it sound so easy. Would you teach me sometime? only a month left til the baby, how exciting!!!