- Bought going-home-from-the-hospital outfit for baby yesterday. It is cute-- The Osh Kosh store in the Factory Stores Mall has the cutest clothes! They are having a great sale right now as well. Everything I bought was under $5 except the baby outfit I actually went there for (haha) and that was $8.
- I am feeling more ready. I am still freaking out as to how I am going to handle 3 kids. Jake has a vet appointment in March and I am thinking, picture this: me, holding baby carrier, hand of two year old, and leash of a crazy pug. All 5 of us in an exam room. This should be interesting. I think I may make Jody take Jake to the Vet.
- Yesterday and today, I will have washed and/or folded about 12 loads of laundry. I know, there should never be twelve loads to wash at the same time. I hope to clean the kitchen and get all the dishes put away and do something with my floor as well. We will see how much energy I can muster up...
- I did make bread yesterday too. I really like this recipe that I was given. The place I learned how is http://www.pantrysecrets.net/. They have a class, though you do not necessarily have to take it to make the bread. Each recipe makes 4 loaves. With those loaves, you can put in a loaf pan and make bread, make cinnamon rolls, pizza whatever. I made a half recipe (2 loaves) of white bread and made pizza for dinner as well as an Italian bread (tried to imitate La Vigna/Ottavio's bread, but without the oil, I am sure) and then I made a full recipe of whole wheat. I am getting better at wheat, though it still could have risen better. White is so easy, I think, but the whole wheat is tricky and I am DETERMINED to master this, since I plan on making that most of the time. I was not in the kitchen all night (well, I guess I was, since we were eating dinner too) -- this bread is simple, all the ingredients can be stored for years and is good for you and best of all inexpensive! Start to finish is to take about 1 hour. I am slow and get distracted very easily (IE putting away baby things, doing laundry, making dinner), but it still is fast and does not take half a day.
- I think I have decided on a name. I just need to make sure Jody is on the same page as me :)
- Jody has 39 lbs to his goal weight, which is less than I weigh right now. Hopefully that will change in a couple weeks and I will get back to a weight that is less than him. I have spent 7-8 years weighing significantly less than him and there is no way he will weigh less than me when I am not pregnant! This idea makes him happy (that he may weigh less than me). Jerk.
- I will just have to figure something out, but I will not do triathlons, so that is out. Does not appeal to me at all and I really think that if you want to be a decent parent, there really is only room for one major athlete in a family. I am not a vampire, I need to sleep, so I can not dedicate the time to training for them (and the trillion other things going on), like he can.
- I love homemade pizza. I love my homemade pizza. It is so good and I will say it is way better than anything you can buy in the store or have delivered :) At least I think so. Its also easy and cheap :)
- I am really liking digital scrapbooking. I have also decided to try and do more regular kind. I am at least 10 years behind. Too bad most of that time is printed photos. It would be so much faster if they were digital! Can you say quickpage?!
- Our first ward activity of the year is on Friday night. I hope people come! We are square dancing. This is always a good time!
- I love Del Monte Fruit naturals cups. Actually, the only one I have ever had is the Red Grapefruit. And I love love love them. I wish they weren't so pricey, but if I can eat that instead of ice cream, I guess that makes up for it ;)
- I am at a point where clothes are annoying. I am lucky in that I can wear most of my normal clothes through out pregnancy, later on just altering pants with a rubber band. This is a large advantage when thinking about money and spending lots of it on maternity clothes (though if I would have bought more when prego with Ethan, I would have gotten some great use out of them at this point). Well, here are the downsides. For one, the normal clothes I did wear, after pregnancy they feel like maternity (haha) and the biggest downside-- at this point, I only have a couple weeks left, but they really just do not fit anymore! So if you see me out and about in a velour track suit, its cause my one pair of maternity jeans are dirty. I mean this for my whole wardrobe. I like things tucked in, if you catch my drift. The top does not reach the bottom. Its bugging me to DEATH. So I get away with it for 35-36 weeks, and then the last few kind of suck.
- I am looking forward to normal bodily functions. Enough said.
- I am really grateful to have my babies at the AF hospital. I really its a great place to be and so far I really have no complaints about their services for me. Plus my Aunt works in the Women's Center too.
- I really love my car. I feel safe in it, I am comfortable in it, we have been through so much together (hahaha). It is not very wide compared to others it is similar to, so three car seats were not going to fit. Well, E and Syd have pretty wide seats, so I ditched his and bought him a booster seat. HE LOVES IT and feels like I just gave him a ticket to grow up and not be "little" anymore (and Syd is waiting for hers lol). So since I did that, they fit! It will be interesting, to say the least, to have all three kids so close together. There is NO extra room at all. In fact, its an inch from unsafe, I am sure. But we prob could not get rid of our car, and we don't want to, and really, we can not afford a new one/don't want to look for the really old one we can afford, so I am VERY VERY VERY happy with this solution. Especially when I am outside and its snowing and 4 wheel drive comes in handy. I am really not emotionally ready to adjust to what may be in store (a van) for us. I know, I know, everyone who ever has made the transition has loved it. I need to adjust my thinking and get there, its just I am not there yet and we won't be able to buy the awesome van everyone loves. We will be stuck with some old ugly clunker, that sucks I am sure. Just know, if you live on my street and in the winter I can not get home and you hear me swearing at the top of my lungs as I haul my three kids up the hill, cause I no longer have a 4wd car, that is why. I apologize for my language and attitude ahead of time. I love my SUV and its going to be a sad sad sad time for me when I no longer have it. I do not worship it, by any means, but I haul a trailer around with it. Go to grandma's cabin. Pack it full of crap to go everywhere. Have slept in it. Use the 4WD a lot, or at least often enough. You know, I will cry when I have to get rid of it no matter what its replaced with. I sound psychotic so I will move on. Its a freaking car for crying out loud. One I could live in... okay moving on...
- I am so proud of Jody and his hard work. Just to give you an idea of his training, today is an "easy" day, and that consists of about a half hour of swimming and the same of running. The other day, he did something for 2 hours. He is working hard. Don't tell him, but when he reaches his goal weight, we are going to have a huge party (with healthy and non healthy food, lol). I am hoping for May, but who knows?
- I am hoping to have my baby on a certain day, cause then the Jazz have like ten days they will be gone and Jody will not have to go to work and he can stick around here with me :)
- You know how I said I made bread yesterday? Well, a giant 4 year old RAT ate half a loaf of bread (rat style- bites all over the place with no rhyme or reason except shoveling it in). I was trying to get mad at him when his dad was teaching him how to smooth things over by saying stupid (but nice) things like "you make the best bread mom, I could not keep my hands off it" and things like that. Anyone who knows Jody knows he is the king of "save face" lol.
I could just keep adding randomness all day, so I am posting now.





1 comments:
Not the dreaded van.........AHHHHHH
Post a Comment