Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Missing You

Last night I was wrapping presents and Jody arrived home from Wal-Mart (it was LATE). He had been doing some last minute find-Heather presents. While he was there, he walked past the traditional holiday fare, and as he noticed the cans of nuts, he told me he about lost it. He said that he used to get his grandpa and his dad cans of nuts for Christmas. His grandpa passed away in maybe 2002? And his dad followed in 2003. He said that he normally does fine, but every once in a while it gets to him, and this time it was in the middle of a large crowd of people in a big store. What a place to try to hold it all together! There he was, walking down the aisles and everything was reminding him of people who had passed on, but I think most specifically his dad. I know this time of year must have a tinge of heartache for those who are missing someone, I just thought I would post what he shared with me last night.

2 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

I know the feeling! The most random things can make you think of a loved one passed on. Like after my dad died I walked by some bananas and started crying, I couldnt figure it out but later realized the last time we were with my dad he gave one of my boys a banana! Then when I was watching 4 Christmases I totally started crying when the dad came in to give his daughter advice. Crazy, we miss our awesome dads. Its hard, tell Jody I know the feeling and I am so sorry!

Heather said...

Heather! I got your Christmas card. How amazing that Jody has lost 160 pounds!!! Wow! And your hair is sooo beautiful!! Glad to hear all is well with you and your fam! :)