Or at least worthy of me noting to remember later...
- First off, to those of you I really should have called or emailed about this, I am sorry. I am just not excited, therefore I can not bring myself to "announce" to anyone. Don't misunderstand though, this was very planned. I am almost 14 weeks pregnant, due in March {I hate saying the date, since it is probably not the right one, but here ya go-- 18th... maybe for you, Kelli, I will plan that to happen on the 16th ;)}. So I guess I am on to #3! I must say that I am not loving pregnancy as much as I once did... but I will not complain. I just think "hmm I want to get pregnant." And then I am pregnant. So I am very grateful for NO PROBLEMS in that aspect of life. I truly feel blessed- I read or hear so many who want so badly to have children and they just can not (or have a very hard time), so I do not take this ability lightly.
- Ethan has started preschool. He absolutely LOVES it. His boring mom never has anyone over to play, so I fear he is not as "socialized" as he should be, but this has been great for him. I am sure he loves a break from me, too! He has a wonderful teacher (I personally think you are amazing!), Miss Crystal.
- We went to Idaho, Boise, for the weekend {9/6 and 9/7}. I can't really even say it was a weekend. We were there for less than 48 hours. Really, a very spontaneous trip, reminding me of a quick trip to Vegas that I took one weekend, long ago, when I had no one to worry about but me. Well, fortunately, this time went very smoothly. Erica and Weston were having an open house up there, since that is where his family lives, and she expressed (umm at the very last minute, PS!) that she would like us to come. Jody had to work, so it was all me. I was like... umm we can't pay for gas and a hotel room... and she called me back and said she had a place for us to stay.... I had to make sure that she clarified with this poor family what kind of kids (or KID-- Ethan) I have, and she said she did. OKAY... so with a car that is falling apart (or at least I kind of feel like it), my two kids, an audiobook (so I did not fall asleep-- Children of the Promise 5), LOTS of movies + Jody's laptop, LOTS of snacks, and two things of coolant (radiator problems... I guess), and a place to stay (at Weston's brother's girlfriend's house) we drove up to Boise. It was fun. We stopped in Twin Falls, at McDonald's (we ate there in March, when Jody and I went up there), then headed on. We had a great time. The only not fun thing about it was the fact that we spent $180 in gas. YIKES. I must say we definitely owe a big Thank You to the Kerr family for letting us invade their lives. I was a tad nervous, staying somewhere that I did not know anyone-- I had met Erica (that is her name as well as my sister's), and she was nice, but that was for like three seconds. But they were VERY nice- they fed us breakfast and lunch, let the kids play out back, and their youngest (9 years old) played outside with them for a bit while I cleaned all our stuff up. It was good to be somewhere and not feel like I was intruding or like my kids were going to break everything in sight. Don't get me wrong- they had a nice house with nice things, the atmosphere was just relaxed and the mom had told me about her oldest son and how crazy he used to be. It is nice to hear, since I feel like everyone who has kids that have grown have miraculously forgotten how hard it is or how rotten their kids were (hahaha) and that I am the only one with an active boy running around. She made me feel completely at home. Also, the dad is an amazing artist. They have his art displayed all over and he is AWESOME. We had a great time and are so grateful they let us stay with them!
The cute coupleAlli
Joel
Erica and the kids
Jenni
My parents-- cripple dad (haha)-- he recently had knee replacement surgery.
I am fairly confident that Ethan ate half of the candy at this party. He is eating Gummy Bears here.Sucking on some candy. What she does best.
A little bored???
These are at the Kerr's home.
- This morning, Jody was helping Ethan say the prayer and he said something like "please bless Sydney and Ethan" and Ethan went on to say "please bless Sydney and Batman"-- he always replaces his name with that of Batman, Ironman, Spiderman (though he is off that one for right now), etc. He is currently loving Ironman the most.
- Last night, we went to Al (my uncle) and Calleen's house to celebrate another Uncle, Ryan's birthday. He is the youngest, and is just older than me, 31. Happy Birthday Ryan! Ryan manages a website that has some awesome deals, right now the deal is Smith Chino Sunglasses for $39.99, but who knows what it will be later (last night it was DC shoes for way cheap!) so check it out- http://www.whiskeymilitia.com/
- I am not sure I am ever going to make cornbread again. I LOVE Marie Callender's mix, I buy it all the time. But I decided it is WAY to much work. My kids get crumbs EVERYWHERE! I can not believe how long it takes to get my floor looking fantabulous (like an hour) and then the next hour, we are eating dinner (enter the cornbread) and it is messy again! So fast. So, cornbread is out for a while. At least until I forget what a pain it is to clean up, or my kids are old enough to clean up after themselves...
- My cute little Sydney. Oh that girl. Feeding her is a long process. She sits in her chair and really enjoys her food-- so much that she savors every bite and it takes her an hour... or two... to eat. Here she is in her little angel dress-up (bought it missing the wings). She enjoys walking around in just one shoe.





8 comments:
congratulations on #3! I have to say I love Whiskeymilitia.com and their sister companies steepandcheap.com and chainlove.com. It looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun, yeah for FUN!
I am going to go to oh sweet sadie, maybe I will see you there.
What the???? #3 huh? Congrats! You're much braver than me...I feel I'm at my wits end with just one! I don't know how you do it with your business and everything....you're super women! I hope you're feeling okay. Let's catch up soon!
First of all.. miss you too.. I loved your blog.. I read and read till my Ella woke from her nap.
-I laughed at the banning cornbread comment... I made muffins last week and every stinkin time I give her a muffin I think... "can this really be worth it?" The other day I found myself thinking "Next time she eats one of those it's gonna be outside on the lawn. with NO diaper/ cuase I hate the slow drip drip of crumbs that come outta that thing all dang day!!..
Later
sk8tr
WOW! COnggratulations, but wait, I thought I eas supposed to be the first to know! Just kiddning, I am so way happy for you! Sounds like a crazy trip, but sounds like he has an awesome family so that is good! I just had that corn bread for the first time the other day and i have to say it is not worth banning, totally excellent stuff! Love you!
eas? Sorry I dont speak eubonics or anything, I meant to say was!
Congrats on the baby!
I am glad you have a preschool for Ethan. It helps them so much. It took me until the 3rd kid to realize how much they need other kids to play with, not just them but me! I wish we were close I would definately make us have play dates.
I love Ethan's prayers. kids all have their own things or ways of doing it.
Fun little trip too! Your sister looks good. Your whole family is cute!
Well, well.................hmmm it's amazing what family members aren't told. But have to read a freaking blogspot to FIND OUT!!!! (J.K.) Exciting news for the parents to be. Oh the joys of motherhood!!!
I had some free time and found you here via Kelli's blog. I enjoyed seeing your family. I can remember when your brother was born. He is a handsome young man now. Everyone so grown up. Sounds like things are going pretty well and you are making a great little family.
Love you, Sister Wells
Post a Comment