When you have kids, you come to know all the kid movies and shows (unless you don't allow them...). When Sydney was born, the only way I could get Ethan to sit still- and not get into EVERYTHING- while I was feeding her, was to watch a show. So I have seen my fair share. I chose Life is a Highway (Rascal Flatts version) for Ethan's slide show because I have heard it a million times. I did not like it at first, but now every time I hear it, (Ethan yells CARS!) and I envision Mack making funny faces behind the other truck, and reminds me of road trips (which I love). It is one of my favorite kid movies.
This is not really where I was going with this, but I am going to side track anyway! The movie has such a great message. You can really get something from it! Just ask me, I have seen it, and the credits SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times. I like to listen to the Brad Paisley song at the end 'When You Find Yourself.' And get sad about someone who died that I (obviously) never knew (there is a tribute in the credits). I kind of wish it was still his favorite movie. For a while, all we watched was Cars and Curious George (the movie and PBS Kids). In fact, one day I was trying to remember the website and I said aloud "pbskids dot..." and he filled in the "org" that I was missing... and he was just barely two. Ha ha. Another little side track-- I did not used to like Jack Johnson either. After CG, I do.
Anyway, I had to endure many hours of Peter Pan, Mulan, Monster's Inc, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Tail Spin (old Disney show), Dragon Tales, Clifford, Thomas the Tank (oh my this is THE MOST BORING show out there!) and more. Some of these are better than others, but thank goodness for the kid's movies/shows we can stand!
This is not really where I was going with this, but I am going to side track anyway! The movie has such a great message. You can really get something from it! Just ask me, I have seen it, and the credits SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times. I like to listen to the Brad Paisley song at the end 'When You Find Yourself.' And get sad about someone who died that I (obviously) never knew (there is a tribute in the credits). I kind of wish it was still his favorite movie. For a while, all we watched was Cars and Curious George (the movie and PBS Kids). In fact, one day I was trying to remember the website and I said aloud "pbskids dot..." and he filled in the "org" that I was missing... and he was just barely two. Ha ha. Another little side track-- I did not used to like Jack Johnson either. After CG, I do.
Anyway, I had to endure many hours of Peter Pan, Mulan, Monster's Inc, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Tail Spin (old Disney show), Dragon Tales, Clifford, Thomas the Tank (oh my this is THE MOST BORING show out there!) and more. Some of these are better than others, but thank goodness for the kid's movies/shows we can stand!
Pictures that have nothing to do with this post...
My New York baby-- in July Jody and I went to NYC and took Sydney along.
Here is Brooke and Syd overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge.





1 comments:
looks like fun! Wow, Brooke looks beautiful! She just looks so grown up!
Post a Comment