
So last night, we went to Gardner Village with my grandma and a few uncles and their families. It was fun but really cold. For some reason, I took my wallet out of my bag and it never made it back. Actually, this morning I looked in my bag and realized it was not there. I was in a huge hurry, late for a haircut, so I ran out the door and thought I would worry about it later. Well, while I was driving, I decided to pray about it. In my prayer, I basically said that I knew I had not looked everywhere yet, but just in case I did not have it, to please let whoever finds it be an honest person and turn it in. Well, I completely forgot about it until about 3 (not like me, that is a serious matter!). I searched high and low and no wallet. SO I called Gardner Village, and the lady described my cute little red wallet with a monkey on it. FREAK. I get to drive all the up to GV again today. I was actually EXTREMELY relieved, so I was more than happy to do so. I did not even remember I said that prayer until a few hours later. A little (or big) blessing.
So I decided to maximize our outage, which is a must when it takes more than 15 minutes to get anywhere besides Smiths. We went to pick up my wallet and then drove to Arctic Circle and got Ethan a "green one". This means a Frankenstein flashlight. Then we went to Coscto. Love that place. We did not leave the store until almost 9:00 (I was one of the last people in line, but I was there since 8:30). Then Ethan said that he needed to go potty. I freaked. Reason: last time he said that in a store, he peed less than 30 seconds later ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Like a HUGE puddle. So I was saying please don't pee pee yet, over and over. Yeah I am sure the people in front of me, the young, kid-free male checkers, and the guys behind me thought I was a freak, but clean up pee or hope you are talking your kid out of peeing all over the floor (and whatever is in the cart...) at Costco... at closing time? So he made it to the potty and disaster was avoided.
This is turning out to be a looong post for me to say that we got in the car and I was feeling terrible since Sydney had not nursed in forever, so we sat there and I was feeding her. In the back seat, I hear Ethan ask Frankenstein if he is hungry. I looked back and he was feeding Frankenstein. It was hilarious. I was trying so hard not to laugh. He just had the flashlight basically on his ribs, and the put him to his face and ask him if he was done. FUNNY. He was really cute about it too. Oh and I will add one more funny. I say Damn it. A lot. And the other day Jody said, "dagnabbit!" Well I said my words and then Ethan yelled,"Dammit rabbit!" We were laughing our heads off, though my husband does not appreciate Ethan copying my badness. SO he was either combining our phrases, or just trying to say dagnabbit. He said daggitnabbit after, so I keep trying to get him to say that. It is really funny and cute. Love my boy (I am just waiting for him to say dammit rabbit at church or something)!





3 comments:
He is a cutie! We need to get together soon! Havent seen you in forev er!
Love days like these. Kids are so unpredictable. While in the middle of things like 'peeing all over the floor at the store', things are traumatic- but it sure does give you a good laugh later.
Hey Heather! I tagged you so you have to do it now! Check out our blog and you will see what it is all about! Love ya!
Post a Comment