I was looking for a picture of Danny and found this one- *perfect* for this post (just needs Ryan Nielsen!). This is a picture of my mom's younger brother (caveman track tank) and his friends, left-Chris Tenney, middle?, right- Chris' twin, Brad. And funny enough, I spent half my kid life madly in love with Brad. HAHAHAHA! Anyway. I went to the post office today to drop off a package (web order) and remembered I had seen Chris a while back, so I asked the lady if he still worked there. She grabbed him and we chatted for a few minutes.
On my drive home, I got to thinking-- growing up, I pretty much worshiped Danny and his friends. I loved when I was hanging out at my grandma's and I could hang around with them. I am quite a bit younger, so I was probably just the annoying niece, but they never made me feel that way. I had crushes on a couple of them, mostly Brad & Ryan (which totally makes me crack up now!), but I really just liked their company. Theses guys were all friends for so many years (still are), so I really saw them enough through the years (into their adulthood, though I was still in high school, etc), still have occasional interactions, to know them a little bit, some more than others. My point is this- what if Danny hung out with dirt bags? What if I worshiped him and his friends and they were out doing drugs, being promiscuous (which I guess I might not know that necessarily?) or whatever. You really do not know what kind of impression you have on people! I am sure Danny had no idea I worshiped him, and I noticed all his friends. I am sure he had no idea that the fact he chose to hang out with these good guys would affect his niece. But it did and I am so grateful he is a good guy who makes good choices, and he was (is) a good example to me :)






2 comments:
I so have to agree with you! I am sure Danny knew you worshiped him, I knew you totally loved him! It has been totally fun hangin out more this summer! Love you!
You are awesome Heather!!!!
Post a Comment