I have complained a lot, and on Facebook, so I guess some of you already know this. I am having issues with my left leg and my right hip. I am stretching a lot and have taken a pretty good break-- it has been about a week and a half since I have really ran. I did some last week at the gym, but I mostly walked and cycled. I have it out for the elliptical right now, for some stupid reason, since I have always loved the elliptical and hated the treadmill.
I am having massive urges to just throw my stuff on and go running right now. I really want to. But then I remember (well, other than the fact that I am the only person here older than 6 at the moment!) that I should wait till my Zensah Calf Supports come in the mail. I keep telling myself that these stupid little expenses are going to pay off in the long run. Ha ha, literally too! I signed up for the SoJo Half Marathon, which is on September 25th. It is about 5 weeks away, and I am officially one week behind in training. I am writing a running blog for them, which is at this address--http://www.sojomarathon.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx (the blog link is all the way to the right), just in case you are interested in reading what I have to say! If you would like to contribute any tips, thoughts, etc for me to add in the blog (you will receive credit, of course!) then please email me or leave me a comment here.
I am absolutely *loving* these cooler temperatures, even though I know they are short lived, it gives me a taste of what it will be like to run in a month! I am hoping with a major prayer in my heart that Heavenly Father will hear me out and bless my issues to heal so that I can continue this endeavor. I have never had any real physical goals in my life and I have been praying that I will know what to do and this will get better. I have been doing stretches when exercising, through out the day here and there, and every night prior to going to bed. I have the Z things coming, have a massage stick, and plan to buy this really cool ice/heat pack from Herriman Physical Therapy. I need a sponsorship for all these races and things! Am I special? No, not really, I guess that is the point though. I am not someone who was born to run, gifted with boundless energy (side note:I wish I had the energy of a two year old labrador!), a massive competitive spirit, etc. I am just a girl, who agreed to something to help other people in their journeys. I became addicted (lol) and now I am trying to find my place in this sport, get it mentally "right" (cause let's face it. Running is like 80% mind and 20% body.)
After SoJo, I am so freaking excited for the Provo Halloween Half. **SO EXCITED!** I am hoping that I am 100% and ready to go for it. I can not promise a costume, hehehe, but I think it will be another cathartic experience, like running from The U down to Liberty Park, running through areas I spent a lot of time when I lived with Gma K, etc. The Provo Hall. Half starts at Aspen Grove (also a place from those U memories! Its where I really kind of met Shelly and got to know those girls, how I came to join Upsilon!),which I LOVE, and goes through Provo Canyon, which also holds a plethora of memories from my whole life, down to the Riverwoods. I love connecting physically and mentally with nature, music and memories, it just really makes the whole experience amazing to me. It is funny. like it has to be symbolic in five ways for me to a) be able to do it and b) love every second, laugh, cry, and have a cathartic experience.
Thanks to anyone who read this whole post! I know it is all over the place, so you must be a good friend to read it all! LOL!
Oh and can someone remind my body that I need to go to bed before 10:30??? I am back in my night owl routine and that is very bad for someone who wants to get up and exercise and be ready for the day (not necessarily showered-ready, just awake and have accomplished a few things). What can I say? If it were safe, I would probably start going out now. Oh yeah. I have children and no other person here! Grrr! Oh well, I guess we have to adapt and adapt and adapt again.
For all you change resisters out there, I have something for you. My family moved so many times when I was younger ( I went to nine different schools folks, NINE. I have moved, at the very least, 15 times in my life), that I learned a few things.
1. Friends don't make you, you make them. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to learn it, it will always be the same. If you want a friend, you have to go out and make one! Open up, talk, do something nice. It works, its not that scary, I have done it a flippin' million times. I had no other choice (so don't be saying its my personality).
2. It is nice to have friends from all those places. How else could I say that I have like 9 best friends? I know that I have not really connected with a few in years, but I know that I could get with Heather S and Carrie L and we could really just start up like its not been that long.
3. The only constant in life is change. It is good for you, really! Sometimes it is annoying, like when plans change three times in a day for that same day, but what can you do? Which leads me to #4
4. I can not find the direct quote anywhere, and in the interest in ending this and getting my butt to bed, I will find it another day. I have it written in one of my many journals. Anywho. It is something like this "He who is flexible will not break". I love it. It sucks sometimes, but its true. The tree that can bend in the wind will not break in half. Don't let the wind break you :)
Monday, August 23, 2010
It's an Addiction
Posted by Heather at 11:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
hehe I guess I am a good friend because I read the whole post. lol. Just keep trying. We all have to go through trials to get better at something. It really teaches you to work. If you continue to work at it you will eventually pass up those that didn't work as hard. It may take years. Not that it matters to pass up people, but it is hard to see that some just don't work as hard and do well. I see that all the time with flute. Just focus on yourself getting better. Don't focus on Joe Smoe who gets an extra week of two of running in. You can catch up if you put your mind to it.
You are awesome Heather! I have to say that I am still addicted to running but dont have much of a desire to do another half...although I might do the halloween one..you are doing that one? Where is it? I read the whole thing, well ok, I skimmed a little but mostly read it! I am such a good best friend..haha! Good luck with the healing and by the way I knew exactly what you were talking about with the cathartic experience and nature and music and memories...la di da...totally have experienced that..you are awesome! Go Heather!
I miss your blog... so much good detail and stories, and dang I miss Utah
Post a Comment