Sunday, June 13, 2010
No Words
Honestly I am going to bed, just feel like I have so much to say that I never sit down to take the time to say. One thing that has happened recently, short version, is my grandpa has colon cancer, though they removed a foot and a half of his colon, he had 12 lymph nodes taken out to check it had spread to them, and 3 of them did contain cancer cells. I have 3/4 of my grandparents, and I am not really ready in any way to lose one of the 3 remaining, so.... I am praying and fasting hard. I have many feelings on this that I simply don't have the time to share right now (I need to wake up early tomorrow), but bottom line is, I really am a "faith"ful person and I believe what is going to happen is going to happen. I know the Plan of Salvation and I have faith in God that if its my grandpa's time, then he will depart. I will not be bitter or anything like that, I will just be sad cause I do not want that to happen. That all said, I am still praying like crazy and hoping this will be treated and he will live for years to come. Those papers he is holding are cards that Ethan and Sydney colored for him. This pic was taken May 29th, a few days after his surgery. We also went to visit him at home Monday the 7th, which also happened to be the day he received the news about his lymph nodes. I am pretty close to much of my large family, and my grandparents definitely mean a lot to me. I have many fond memories. We are actually celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this Saturday (June 19th). Anyway I need to be in bed like 45 min ago, so more deets later. On everything!
Posted by Heather at 11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Sorry about your Grandpa Heather- that's the hardest part about life is loosing the ones that we love. You are at least lucky to have 3 out of the 4 grandparents, I have two still remaining, but one is on the way out . :( it's sad when this happens to those that we love, but you are right. Everything happens for a reason and the Lord will make up the difference. He hears yours prayers and it's never EVER too late for a miracle. Thank you for sharing your testimony and we'll keep you in our prayers too. Loves.
soooo...sorry :(
ps. nice sweatshirt :)
I am so sorry! What a sweet man! Love and hugs to you!
Yuck Heather! I hate cancer. It should be a four letter word, you know what I mean. You are an angel! I adore you cutie!
i hope your grandpa is doing ok heather :)
Post a Comment