The results are in... It looks like it was almost a 50/50 split of opinion, but today, I finally have a concrete answer to the question, "girl or boy?" I actually was not at all surprised by what the Ultrasound lady told me, but I have to say that I was a little tiny bit bummed. Not really for any good reason though, I truly am okay with girl or boy.
The reason I was not surprised is this- I had thought I was having a girl. I have felt this baby move for weeks now, maybe during the 17th week, but I just was not 100% positive, so I did not think about it, but on the 11th (October), it was the middle of the night (so I guess the 12th) and I woke up to go to the bathroom (ha! BIG surprise!) and my lights were on anyway, cause I had expected Jody home, but he was still stuck in traffic on the way home from the U vs Wyoming game (at this point he actually called me to say they were finally staying somewhere. It is all coming back to me now). But the important thing I remember about that interruption in my sleep, was that when I was trying to get myself to get up, I laid weird on my mountain of comforter/pillows and I felt a definite baby movement. At that moment, the thought just casually crossed my mind "oh he moved." Only later did I think about the fact that I wanted it to be a girl (but really, fine with either. Ethan just wears me out and his clothes are thrashed; at least a girl would have a chance to look good!), but that every time it moved, it just seemed like a boy. I mean, not that I know what the difference in movements are or anything like that, it just was automatically a "he moved" rather than "it" or "she." So when I saw his little man parts, I knew, that I must have felt that for a reason. He was active at first and then he fell asleep cause she had to move him a bunch to open his legs a little. I am VERY glad he cooperated with that (not sure I could make it to delivery not knowing), but he would not cooperate when she was doing the 3D pics, so his hands are pretty much over his face. At least you can see his nose and mouth. PS he is moving all over the place right now. I am grateful for the movements my kids make in utero, but I am also grateful that they are mellow. I hear stories about how people get jabbed and it is uncomfortable- my kids just move around enough that I know they are there and fine. If I go a while without noticing anything, it typically is not a big deal. But I do enjoy the movements I do get.
Time for my Halloween to end (need to go get in some reading before I zonk- I am just starting New Moon for the 2nd time; probably a bad idea since this pregnancy has me all hormonal, but at least I already know about the happily ever after. I am getting kind of mad at Edward, though).




Oh yeah. SO after the ultrasound, my kids were hanging out with my mom, who happens to live like 3 minutes from my Dr's office, so Jody and I went to the temple (also 3 minutes away). It was nice to go. It seems like we have only gone for other people and we are trying to get in the habit of just going. It is really sad and I know I need to do something about it, but sometimes when I look out my window and see three temples and know there is a 4th hiding behind some buildings to the north, and I can't say the last time I went, I know there is a problem. I really appreciate the close proximity of a temple that I am lucky enough to benefit from, I am just in need of some priority adjusting (like I should go read my scriptures and then fall asleep, rather than another book). I definitely know that my life would be better, my marriage too, if we spent more time in a place that is meant to unite us and help us to be a better people. So, my goal is to go back to the temple soon, and not let 6 months go by (umm or it might be a long while till I go again!)- sounds like a long time, but it is a start for me! Plus, I really love being there.
Good night.





8 comments:
Congrats!! I also want to pat myself on the back, I was one of the people from your poll that guessed correct. I am happy for you guys!
Yeah! More cute babies
I cant remember what I guessed but congratuations! We love boys!
so it's definitely a boy? he looks cute already!
Freak Heather...I didn't know how far along you were but you look so great!!! I wouldn't even know you are pregnant :)
yay for snips and snail and puppy dog tails! congrats!
Boys are rough but they are the best!...Just my opinion. Congrats. Do you have any name ideas?
It's good to find out what you are having. My boys are so different! You never know what will happen and be like.
Post a Comment