Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chirp

I think one of the most annoying sounds ever (excluding sounds made by kids, lol) is the dreaded low-battery alert on a smoke detector. I am sure it would save trauma just to change them all every year on the same date, I think I read some places do it April 1st. But of course, we are not that organized. Oh yeah, and we hate bringing a ladder in to get to our ceilings. The other day, the one in our family room "chirped" (or beep or whatever) and we ignored it-- it did only do it a couple times that day. Then it started this morning, just after 7 am, and did it once a minute until we changed it. VERY annoying, but I guess that is the point. I just don't understand why they are so stinkin' complicated to change! It took an hour and we had to look up directions online.
I am using Jody's laptop to make this post, so I made us take some pics with the Photo Booth-- I love it! It is so much fun, and provides some entertainment, if you are ever in need of it (umm always?). So here goes. I am not sure how long it will be before I can use my other computer, I am afraid to log in, because of this stupid virus it has. If you get an email from me and it looks weird, does not seem like it is from me, please do not open it. Thanks!







PS I can not stop thinking about Breaking Dawn. I might start reading it again...
And as I write this, Sydney is singing her own version of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, involving lots of twinkles! She is my cute little singing girlie.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally know what you mean! Only ours Always seam to go off at all hours of the night. A month ago ours did, we had to disconnect it because there is not a battery in it, it has a spot for where a place should be for it, but it doesn't take batteries... So how would it work if the power is out? we are still trying to figure that one out..? very annoying especially at 2 AM.
Fun cute pictures. My kids love Photo Booth, they always beg to do the weird pictures on it, it's fun.

k.m. said...

When Lennox was first born ours completely malfunctioned. Instead of chirping it went into full alarm mode. Not the greatest when you're sleep deprived and "training" your baby to sleep well. I love photo booth! We go a little nuts with the pix every once in a while. You're allowed right? Oh and Breaking Dawn- I have a love/hate relationship with it. :)

scrappysue said...

you guys are so cute! and why is it smoke alarms only starting chirping in THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!?!?!

Unknown said...

Yes, we have one of those annoying chirpers, too! It always seems to go off at 4 in the morning though!

I love the Photo Booth on my Mac! I have taken so many silly photos on there!