Last night, we attempted to have a family home evening, by going to a movie... I know, not what you are "supposed" to do, but whatever. We went to go see this...
But the stupid theater was full, no seats for the four of us-- they had us pay for Sydney, we thought she deserved a seat-- so we had to go see this instead.
I was really bugged at first- I am sure that half the people in the Narnia movie did not pay for the seats their children were sitting in, and that is RUDE (and freaking cheap, since tickets were only .50 each). But we did get a free movie out of it, even though I felt cheap for accepting it! So the next one is on them. Well, I guess it may as well be, since we spent $10.25 for a popcorn and a drink.
The crowd in Nim's Island was a bit different. Syd would have been fine (normally is at the movies) with the million kids in Prince Caspian, but it was all old people in Nim's Island. Not exactly the crowd that overlooks loud kids. Needless to say, I stood for most of the movie, rocking an obnoxious child (she was cute though, hard to be mad at her) in my arms. Fun times at the movies. Next time it will have to be the drive-in (after the free one!).
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Family Night
Posted by Heather at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Hi Heather,
Thanks for commenting on my blog to let me know about your Uncle's wife's daughter. I would love to get in contact with her. Our son is relatively high-functioning in some aspects, but any info and advice we can get, is appreciated. I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who looks at everyone's blogs....lol. My email is kristinsullivan1983@hotmail.com
Kristin
Hey Jody,
We got your blog from Candy. It was good to see an update on your family. We have a blog too and you can check it out if you want.
Kim
Post a Comment