Thursday, February 9, 2012

Random Thoughts of a Runner


I saw this on Pinterest (sorry no clue where it came from) and it really is the truth for me right now! I don't necessarily need to run, but any morning I am able to run or get in my cardio/resistance training at the gym,  I am better prepared to handle the day & the stresses that come along with it. That along with a couple visits to the temple (needs to be more!) as well as prayers are really what carries me through everything that is going on right now in my life! So, I may seem a little obsessive about exercising, and I wish it was making me hella skinny (but I do like to eat, so no dice), but without it, I think I would pass out from stress. 


Random thoughts/happenings on my run this morning-
1.  When you are driving, and making a turn, please look for pedestrians!  I was almost hit twice at the same stop sign (not for me, for them). They were both turning right and only looked left, and btw, I was under a street light, very visible. I know I need to work on this, as a driver, I just want to help others be aware as well!
2. I am fine with a car being three feet away from me, as long as I know it is staying where it is supposed to be (in lines!). I realize if I want to use the pavement, I am going to have to share with drivers, after all, it is for cars!
3. If I do get hit by a car, at least I have two hospitals close haha!
4.  I saw a dead fox on the side of the road. 
5.  To be motivated to move, I listen to loud, sometimes a little risque, music. I do my best thinking/get answers to my prayers when I am out doing my thing, in the great outdoors, enjoying some fresh air. Even with my music blaring loudly in my ears.  {Also in the quiet early hours when I get up and get ready to go but no one else is awake or around.}
6.  I am so grateful there is still construction going on in the area ;)
7. I love to run out in the boonies (as long as there is a gas station or port a potty, haha). I just wish, sometimes, the high school was not out in the boonies too lol!
8. I would take running in 35 degree weather (or whatever it was this morning), wearing the right stuff, over running in 70 degree weather any day. As long as there is not snow/ice to contend with, anyway! {My preference is 55-63 degrees, sunny, and I would wear my tank/shorts.}  
9.  I had hoped to run 5 miles today, and I had the chance to run more, so I did. I could not help but keep thinking:
SEVEN GLORIOUS MILES!

It was so great to get out there today, so grateful for the experience. 
I love to run, I love to "go somewhere" on my own two feet!
I am grateful to Jody for being willing to pick me up wherever I run to!
I am grateful for the improvement I have been making, and will continue to make.
LOVE IT!

1 comments:

Morgan said...

One word that describes this post--- crazy! Lady you are hillarious, and I honestly hope that one day running can be as fun/essential for me as it is for you. ;)In the meantime- more power to you!