Sunday, September 26, 2010

Polls

I need to write about the fire, and it has been a week today (the fastest and one of the most chaotic of my life!), but right now I want to do some polls. Please check my sidebar and take the polls for me, and if you want to add anything, please comment in here or email me. Thanks!!!

3 comments:

r.l.secor said...

We had our first invite when Izzy was 5. I was freaked out. Asked many friends what they thought and I got the whole range of answers from "we decided when we got married that our kids would not ever sleep over" to "yeah sure no problem".

We let her go and she ended up coming home early. Relief. By the 2nd one she was fine and I was fine.

We have since decided a couple of things.

1) sleepovers are fine on a Friday night only. As long as we know the family/ situation with dads & siblings & what they will be doing.
2) They have to have a good attitude going into it and their chores done.
3) If we have anything BIG going on or we need the kids to be awake and alert then we let them do an "almost over" where we pick them up at 10 or 11 pm.

Because the SATURDAY after a Friday night sleepover is always HECK! They don't sleep, they are grumpy and exhausted and won't admit it and everyone pays!

I will continue to watch like a hawk, listen to the spirit, be conscious of her friends, and even her tendencies, and be prepared to say OK - no more sleepovers... if we come to that. AND - the girls know that.

I remind them periodically that sleeping over is a privilege and that if it is ever a problem it will be the last time.

I can't hardly imagine my Alex who is now 5 doing one. I hope no one invites her to for a while!

The Hootens said...

We are very, very, very particular about who we will allow our kids to participate in sleepovers with. We have to know the parents really well, and we have to trust that their parenting and discipline styles (and obviously their moral standards) are aligned with ours. Otherwise, no way no how.

Crystal Roach said...

No sleepovers is our rule because we have both boys and girls prepubescent. But, we make exceptions rarely. Just too much hassle.